Tyne and Wear
Our client are specialists in their market sector, they are looking for a skilled Maintenance Manager to join their team on a permanent basis.
The Job you’ll do
- Ensure that all Health, Safety and Environmental rules are adhered to and maintained.
- Ensure suggestions and near misses are submitted to achieve targets and prevent incidents in the workplace and encourage others to do the same.
- Ensure excellent housekeeping standards are maintained.
- Ensure that all Company policies, procedures and standards are adhered to
- Identify, plan and execute re-engineering solutions.
- Produce reports using Office Software, Excel, Cimalex and IMPEX systems.
- Achieve the key performance indicators as detailed for the department.
- Liaise with other departments to ensure all process issues are addressed – Press Manager, Process Improvement Technician, and Die Shop in particular.
- Contribute with the implementation of improvement activities.
- Develop own competence and self-development and continuously improve.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Operations Manager.
- Participate in Genesis Work Team activities as required.
- Advise & guide on work place layout under the criteria of security, order and cleanliness.
- Budget responsibility for costs including planning of budgets to ensure targets are achieved.
- Plan and organise the department to achieve the highest equipment availability.
- Support and monitor departmental employees in the scope of the required tasks
- Analyse, develop & deliver technical solutions for continuous improvement & efficiency.
- Plan and organise Capital Expenditure Projects.
- Manage critical spares and spare parts store.
- Plan and monitor contractors.
- Support, direct and develop departmental employees.
- Adhere to all PPE requirements.
- Follow all Health, Safety, Security Environmental, Energy (HSSEE) process and regulations.
- Report any HSSEE issues to Shift Manager Be aware of First Aiders.
- Be aware of Health and Safety obligations.
- Be aware of Fire evacuation procedures.
- Maintain high standards of housekeeping and assist in housekeeping audits.
- Contribution to reporting of IFE’s.
- Contribution to WOCs (Walk, Observe, Communicate).
- Be involved in Continuous Improvement activities as they arise.
- Be aware of opportunities to reduce costs and escalate to Shift Manager.
- Participate in overtime as required.
- Comply with all time and attendance targets.
- Maintain high standards of individual housekeeping and 5s.
- Assist/participate in Induction programmes for new starter, take part in annual appraisal.
- 3-5 years working as a Maintenance Manager in a Manufacturing environment - Manufacturing background essential.
- Previous experience of managing and motivating a team within a production environment preferred.
- A demonstrated ability as a leader, with developing skills and an ability to work effectively with staff in a range of functions and at all levels within the business.
- Experience in continuous improvement, problem solving and change management in an industrial environment.
- Good level of MS office and IT competence.
- Interests in continuous improvement, problem solving and change management in a manufacturing environment.
- Credible and mature, with a strong work ethic and open minded and receptive to change.
- Organised and structured way of working.
- Ability to work independently and manage team time effectively.
- Lead multi-disciplined Team members.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Good work ethic and drive to complete on time and meeting production deadlines.
- Have a “Low scrap, High Productivity” mindset for efficient Team management.
- Ability and willingness to travel and full valid driving licence.
- Driving licence and confidence to travel is desirable.
The Rewards and Benefits
- Permanent role.
- Day shift.
- Excellent salary.