Our client is a specialist manufacturing company. Due to a period of recent growth, they are looking to recruit a NPI Engineer.
- Project manage new product introduction.
- Facilitate Continuous Improvement activity on current and future products and current products manufactured.
- Provide labour quotations for new business opportunities providing technical feedback to the prospective customer.
- Developing close working relationship with customers and suppliers. Customer
- interfacing on product design issues, feedback issues highlighted by customers.
- Effective and detailed reporting and documenting of NPI process, shortfalls, improvement possibilities, etc.
- Review products when released to production to provide resolution of technical issues not captured during NPI phase.
- Responsible for sustaining and improvement through continuous improvement activities.
- Working closely with Process Engineers to optimize product assembly processes.
- Work with Process Engineers to design/development new tooling and manufacturing aids for new and existing products.
- Liaise with Operations department to address product related failures and issues.
- Liaise with Process Engineering to ensure any product changes are achievable through the processes.
- Analysis of defects to determine likely root cause and corrective action.
- To manage continuous improvement of NPI process performance.
- Lead projects designed to improve our overall efficiency and customer satisfaction.
- ONC/HNC (or equivalent) education in an Engineering Discipline
- Previous experience in a similar role within a fast-moving production environment
- Ability to introduce, manage and drive Continuous Improvement activities.
- Ability to manage and drive NPI activities.
- Hands-on and Results orientated
- Good inter-personal skills with all levels of staff
- Computer Literate with experience of Microsoft Office package.
- You will be working for a well-established growing employer.
- An excellent salary.
- A company experiencing continued growth, expansion and investment.
- The company are fully compliant with the latest health and safety requirements for current safe working practices.