Production Team Leaders
Tyne and Wear
Competitive (paid weekend overtime also available)
Our client is a market leader in their sector. They are now going through a period of sustained growth and expansion, they are consequently now looking to recruit several motivated Production Team Leader’s who are looking to grasp an outstanding career opportunity, and help a business grow and improve.
The Job you’ll do
- The smooth and efficient day to day running of the Production Team to the agreed standards of productivity, quality and personnel values.
- Manage and Review despatch team performance regularly, identifying areas for improvement, motivate and develop.
- Store and handle goods in a safe and orderly manner
- Ensure production areas comply with current Health and Safety regulations and maintain high standards of Health, safety and good housekeeping at all times.
- Maintain a flexible workforce relating to the needs of the business needs relating to Production
- Maintain a flexible workforce to deliver the requirements of the department at all times.
- Ensure the agreed production schedule is met to the agreed delivery due dates.
- Monitor the team production performance and ensure the labour standards are met.
- Ensure that the production plan is carried out to maintain and improve customer delivery satisfaction.
- Input data into the logistics department on machine and labour availability to enable the production schedule to be set
- Ensure all batch paperwork is fully filled in as required by QC prior to the batch being sent for sterilisation.
- Ensure that team quality standards are met.
- Train and develop team members in production techniques.
- Lead the team in continuous improvement of their performance.
- Carry out performance appraisals of the team and its members at appropriate intervals via the appraisal system and ensure work is consistent with company objectives.
- Interview and selection of new production staff supported by HR Manager.
- Ensure all personnel records are kept up to date, including attendance, disciplinary and training records, ensuring all fields are populated, documented, dated and signed as appropriate.
- Ensure personal discipline in accordance with the company disciplinary procedure and policy/handbook guidelines. This will be on a first line basis, with any further action being dealt with in conjunction with the Production Manager.
- Ensure all employees are appraised in accordance with the appraisal system at least annually.
- Ensure that all employee training needs are regularly evaluated and provided if in line with company objectives.
- Provide point of contact cover for shift leader in times of absence, liaising with Production manager.
- Provide support and coaching to team leaders to safeguard continual improvement, training and mentoring as required to enable personnel upskilling.
- Monitor team performance and ensure all standards are met
- Ensure all team members are adequately trained to perform their duties.
- Each person’s training and development needs are evaluated and provided in line with the Company.
- NVQ Level 3 or above Management or similar qualification.
- Has a good general standard of education including Numeracy and Literacy.
- Business Improvement Techniques/Kaizen/5S/Lean qualification or similar.
- Experience of Team Management in a production environment.
- Knowledge of Health and Safety current regulations.
- Knowledge of Kaizen or 5s continual improvement and lean manufacturing principals.
- IT Literate – Good standard of IT Skills and/or qualification.
- Able to manage and take responsibility for own work load commitments, planning and prioritising.
- Good Communicator with all levels of organisation.
- Flexible working attitude/commitment to overtime.
- Problem Solver.
- Excellent Communication Skills.
- Attention to detail, Desire to get it right first time.
- Full Driving Licence.
The Rewards and Benefits
- Permanent role.
- Competitive pay.