£30,000 - £35,000
MTrec is proudly representing our specialist public sector client in their search to appoint an experienced Facilities Manager, on a permanent basis as soon as possible. They are located in the heart of Middlesbrough with excellent transport links and a first-class working environment. If you are looking for a long-term career move, we would highly recommend this highly attractive opportunity.
Rewards and Benefits on offer;
- Immediate start date
- Onsite parking
- Permanent Career Move
- Competitive salary on offer.
- First class working environment.
The job you’ll do;
The Facilities Manager has overall accountability for the effective upkeep of the buildings and grounds, ensuring the premises are maintained to the highest possible standard for safe use by staff for the external lettings programme.
- Lead facilities and cleaning teams to continuously improve performance by robust but fair performance management processes, tackling underperformance where necessary and assisting with team development
- Develop and maintain excellent and productive working relationships with key staff including (but not limited to), the Senior Leadership Team, the Catering Manager and the Business Manager
- Deliver a responsive, professional, cost effective and unobtrusive repairs, maintenance and caretaking by flexibly deploying resources and prioritising activities using the system, ensuring that jobs are completed on a timely basis and are effective to resolve issues raised
- Ensure rooms are set up for, events and external lettings to specification and on a timely basis
- Use the system to provide a monthly activity report for the team, including key performance indicators (to be established and agreed)
- Promote the use of the system with staff ensuring that it is well embedded as the usual route for facilities issues to be raised, acted upon and resolved
- Produce a comprehensive annual PPM schedule which ensures that all necessary site, plant and equipment checks, and updates are carried out on a timely basis, health and safety work is prioritised and in accordance with the relevant maintenance manuals and any other requirements; the schedule to fully take account of the calendar and the day to day needs.
- Identify the budgetary implications of the annual PPM schedule, particularly where external resources need to be engaged and ensure these are reported to the Regional Facilities Manager and Business Manager on a timely basis if additional to budgeted spend
- Deliver the agreed PPM schedule, providing monthly written updates of progress and ensuring the timely notification of any slippage against the plan and resolution of issues
- Secure and maintain a high standard in the day to day appearance of the premises and grounds, ensuring that all roofs and gutters are kept clear and in good repair, graffiti and litter are removed swiftly and the landscape contractor maintains the grounds in good condition
- Maintain an accurate and complete inventory of the assets utilising the Asset Management System. Ensure that robust processes are in place for the recording of new purchases and disposals.
- Ensure all plant and equipment is functioning satisfactorily by regular inspection and use of the Building Management System.
- Obtain estimates and quotations from appropriate contractors, obtain approval for expenditure and engage and instruct specialist trades and contractors to repair or replace building services components as required.
- Ensure that value for money and a quality service is obtained from the use of contractors and that all contractors working on site are supervised and comply with relevant health and safety and safeguarding policies.
- Monitor usage through meter readings and review of bills and investigate any anomalous consumption
- Consider, suggest and implement ways in which utilities usage (gas, electric and water) can be reduced and minimised whilst ensuring the building complies to relevant legislation
- Assist in production of development plans and annual budgets for facilities management
- Maintain and manage spend against agreed budgets
- Raise requisitions and verify and sign off invoices for works orders on a timely basis
- Act as the professional lead for Health and Safety matters working closely with the line manager (with strategic responsibility for Health and Safety) to ensure issues relating to the facilities, buildings and resources are appropriately identified, considered and addressed.
- Attend and contribute to the Health and Safety Committee Meetings, ensuring that action with relevant parties relating to facilities, buildings and resources are taken, followed up and resolved.
- Ensure that Health and Safety documentation and records relating to the facilities, buildings and resources are maintained and compliant with the latest legislation.
- Previous Facilities Management background is required.
- Leadership skills, including the willingness and skills to be able to tackle underperformance and assist development
- Knowledge of meter readings and recordings
- Accurate recording of data and record keeping
- Effective communication skills
- Knowledge of the facilities team roles including cleaning and security staff
- Time management and prioritisation skills
- Ability to write risk assessments
- Negotiation with contractors
- Ideally you will hold an engineering qualification and ideally be (IOSH or NEBOSH) qualified.
- Ideally you will have Trade Skills – ie Joinery / Plumbing / Electrical
Shift patterns/Working hours;
- Monday – Friday, 37.5hrs/wk
Salary on offer;
- £30,000 - £35,000