Machine Shop Supervisor
Permanent – Full Time
Our client is a well establish engineering company. Due to growth, they are looking for a Machine Shop Supervisor.
- This is a hands-on shop floor-based role managing a small team.
- 70 per cent of this role is dedicated to programming, setting and operating a CNC machine - milling and turning in a safe working environment.
- Day to day running of the machine shop.
- Operate machines as required.
- Ensure planned work done on time and to standard.
- Ensure machinist performance standards achieved.
- Identify training requirements of team.
- To satisfy internal quality standards and procedures.
- Provision of feedback to line Manager in the interests of value engineering and quality.
- Ensure that housekeeping within relevant areas is to a level practical to maintain a satisfactory turn round of work and does not impact upon the requirements of Health and Safety.
- To read engineering drawings and plan work accordingly.
- Act as first point of contact on maintenance issues and progress accordingly.
- The role will be working 38 hours a week on day shift.
- You will be an ideally be time served from a machining background with supervisory experience.
- Excellent Communication skills.
- IT skills are essential.
- Familiarity with ERP systems and using database systems to develop internal tools and data collection.
- Formal Training in Six Sigma, or experience working with Six Sigma projects, process management and improvement techniques is beneficial.
- You must be data driven, systematic and analytical.
- You will be working for a well-established growing employer.
- An excellent salary.
- A company experiencing continued growth, expansion and investment.
- The company are fully compliant with the latest health and safety requirements for current safe working practices.