Production Shift Manager
£30,000 - £33,000
MTrec Recruitment are proudly representing our market leading high-volume modern manufacturing client in their search to appoint an experienced Shift Manager/Production Supervisor. If you are looking for a secure, diverse and exciting career opportunity, and to work for an international leader within their sectors, then please apply for an immediate response.
Rewards/Benefits on offer;
- Secure and highly successful multi-national organisation.
- A diverse and highly interesting role.
- Working in a modern and very well-resourced manufacturing environment.
- Competitive salary on offer.
- Bonus Scheme.
The job you’ll do;
- Determine work requirements, priorities and best use of resources for scheduled and unplanned orders
- Provide guidance to staff regarding work procedures, technical issues, priorities and other special requests, ensuring departmental quality standards.
- Lead and participate in continuous improvement, recommending improvement methods and procedures to improve efficiency.
- Utilising production data to improve performance and ensuring accurate data input and output
- Deliver key business messages through regular, formal communication such as monthly team briefings
- Motivate, train and develop employees, promote team working/ethics and maintaining good employee relations via two-way communication, including conducting RTW interviews and disciplinary/grievance meetings as required
- Lead the shift with focus on people, safety, quality and performance excellence.
- Previous Shift Management/Production Supervisory experience is essential.
- Experience of working in a fast moving, modern manufacturing environment.
- Able to inspire teams with strong motivation and excellent leadership skills.
- A background in lean manufacturing tools and techniques.
- Able to demonstrate strong communication and problem-solving skills.
- Experience of ERP/MRP Systems.
- Your weekly hours will be 38.5 on average, working Continental rotating shift pattern (4on/4off), with flexibility to ensure smooth handover between shifts