Tyne and Wear
£30,000 - £35,000
Our client is a true North East success story within the regional manufacturing sector. The company is a privately-owned business with a proud heritage of developing, manufacturing, and supplying a range of highly specialised high-quality products to a true blue-chip international customer base. The company operates from a well-resourced production facility located in the heart lands of Tyne and Wear, with significant investment in new state of the art technology and product innovation with a skilled workforce aiming to provide their customers with the best service available on the market. The company is now entering a new and exciting phase of development.
They are now looking to recruit an experienced Manufacturing Supervisor to work closely with their Operations Manager and Assistant Operations Manager, and to provide a hands-on leadership role all aspects of their production facility.
You will be joining a great North East business with a strong history, a fantastic leadership team who have a clear forward-thinking vision, and the role offers a secure positive future.
- Planning, directing and scheduling work for the factory to ensure maximum effective utilisation of employees, equipment and materials within budgetary, cost and quality standards.
- Implement manufacturing strategies to eliminate waste and improve operational efficiencies as well as plan and assign employees to jobs or tasks to meet production schedules, ensuring JIT delivery to both internal and external customers.
- Assist the Operations Manager, responsible for production, quality, cost, delivery, technical, safety, and human resources, whilst respecting defined goals.
- Responsible for the day-to-day management of people within production, to ensure company's targets and objectives are met.
- To achieve customer requirements, ensuring that staff comply with health, safety and standard operating procedures.
- Strive to continually improve the day to day running of the factory using Lean tools to reduce costs, improve production and quality.
- Ensuring that Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) are monitored and targets achieved
- Communicate with the teams by utilising the visual management, delivering shift briefs with focus on quality, cost and delivery, and gathering ideas for improvement.
- Ensure all aspects of the facility are working effectively, plant and machinery breakdowns are resolved with the maintenance team.
- Continue developing a great culture, for effective communication, team feedback, problem solving, quality resolutions and improvements are implemented.
- Ensure your teams are trained and developed, absence is controlled, any health and safety issues and concerns are resolved, and the team are motivated to achieve.
- Previous supervisory/management experience gained within a modem manufacturing environment is essential.
- IT Literate, any experience of using an ERP or MRP system would be ideal.
- You must have an excellent attention to detail.
- Experience of modern manufacturing systems, tools and improvements.
- Possess excellent leadership and management skills.
- Possess excellent problem solving, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Working hours/Shifts.
- The hours are 48 hours per week.
- You will be working Monday – Thursday 06:00 – 18:00.
- £30,000 - £35,000 per annum subject to experience and ability.
- Working for a highly successful North East business, with a strong and proud heritage in the region.
- A superb career opportunity, to work with a highly experienced Operations Manager.
- A business with a superb senior team and great plans for the future success of the company.
- The company supply to a blue-chip customer base, with a range of high value quality products.