Mechanical Maintenance Technician (multi skilled)
Tyne and Wear
£28,000-£35,000 including shift allowance
An outstanding opportunity has arisen for our client who are specialists in their market sector. They are recruiting for a permanent Mechanical Maintenance Technician (multi skilled), if you have a mechanical maintenance background and also have electrical skills this role could be ideal for you.
- Work as part of a team to maximise OEE ensuring all looms run to optimum efficiency, productivity and quality.
- Maintain all safety aspects of the looms and associated equipment.
- Ensure planned and preventative maintenance activities are carried out in line with the maintenance schedule.
- Ensure corrective actions are robust and carried out in a timely manner.
- Respond to, fault diagnose and repair general machine breakdowns reporting back to the Engineering Manager.
- Work with the team to ensure accurate start of up of new machines.
- Record and document all maintenance activities, spares usage and routine inspections.
- Assist the wider team with machine overhaul, machine build and machine commissioning.
- Contribute to and lead on continuous improvement and development projects.
- To provide support and supervision as necessary for contractors working on site.
- Ensure a high standard of safety and housekeeping is maintained including the wearing of relevant PPE, reporting of accident and potential hazards.
- Adhere to Company Health & Safety Regulations at all times.
- Ensure implementation of the Company Equal Opportunities Policy at all times.
- Ensure all procedures are adhered to and a high level of Customer Service is maintained.
- Provide flexibility in supporting other departments as and when required.
- Comply with the Environmental Management ISO 14001 & Quality Management ISO 9001 systems.
- Carry out any other duties as deemed necessary and reasonable by management.
- 3-5 years experience working in a similar role within manufacturing.
- Proven experience of maintaining process equipment within the manufacturing industry.
- Experience in a continuous improvement environment participating or leading in improvement projects.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment, minimising machine downtime.
- Experience working to a planned and preventative maintenance schedule.
- Time served mechanical maintenance technician with an element of multiskilling preferred (electrical).
- HNC / HND in Mechanical/Electrical/Process engineering discipline or a recognised Apprenticeship in Engineering supported with a City & Guilds or NVQ qualification.
- Permanent role.
- Excellent pay rate.