Injection Moulding Technician
£34,000 (includes shift allowance)
Permanent – Full Time
We are recruiting for our market leading client who are looking for a Injection Moulding Technician. Along with the attractive salary the company also offers the opportunity to work for one of the region’s employer of choice.
- Provide Technical Support to Tool Setter / Material Handlers.
- Plan tool changes in advance, locate tools and equipment need to achieve the Production Plan.
- Check / Set up Moulding machine and related ancillary equipment.
- Ensure all approved SPC process controls are in place and working correctly.
- Follow and document process parameters on Tool Setting Sheet, ensure that Tool Setter is working in line with the company procedures.
- Complete tool changes in line with the Production Plan.
- Train and monitor of tool setters and material handlers, provide feedback to Moulding Engineer on skills and capability of Tool Setter.
- Ensure safe use of cranes and lifting equipment, provide instruction / advise to Tool Setter(s).
- Complete all checks on machines, tools and documentation complete associated reports.
- Work closely with the lead engineer to improve and develop repeatable moulding process with optimized cycle times with SPC controls in place.
- Report any issues with tooling / process to the Moulding Engineer as soon as possible.
- Report any maintenance issues through request system and back up with an email direct to the Maintenance Engineer.
- Give clear and concise report during shift handover.
- Communicate and be approachable to all colleagues on shift.
- Where necessary deputise for the Moulding Engineer.
- Understand importance of achieving the Production Plan and display an understanding of the impact when the plan is not achieved.
- Complete daily / weekly machine check sheets.
- To be responsible for the accuracy and content of their own work.
- Ensure that the work carried out and records kept meet the requirements of the company’s Quality Management system, the project and industry standards and good industry practice.
- Ensure there is an awareness and understanding of the organisational structure
- A team member involved in root cause analysis, corrective and preventive actions for any non-conformances that may arise either internally or at Customer.
- Understand the importance of quality and production performance, the cost of quality and working towards zero defects at the Customer.
- Ensure that yourself and support team maintain good level of housekeeping.
- Be approachable and promote good quality awareness, technical point of contact for the shop-floor.
- Attend meetings as required (internal and at Customer / Supplier)
- Proven past record of working successfully in a diverse high-volume manufacturing environment, with a wide range of machinery and processes would be an advantage.
- Time served with experience in setting, operating and problem solving on injection mould machines is a requirement.
- Problem solving.
- Ability to teach.
- The jobholder is required to be competent as a Moulding Technician.
- Able to work on diverse machine or processes, to a high standard of skill, in a safe and effective manner.
- Able to work safely with a range of moulding machines and related process.
- Solid business.
- Competitive payrate