Multi skilled Maintenance Technician- Injection Moulding
Tyne and Wear
Our clients are specialists in their industry sector, they are looking to recruit a Multi Skilled Maintenance Technician (injection moulding) on a permanent basis.
It is essential candidates have injection moulding industry experience, if you have worked In this industry and have a strong Maintenance background this role could be ideal for you.
- The role of maintenance technician within our client plays an integral and fundamental role in providing a key service to our production and manufacturing processes.
- The successful candidate will have previous manufacturing experience, and will have a proven track record in delivering an effective and proactive problem solving service to all stakeholders.
- Organise, plan and provide curative and preventive maintenance, including the setting, maintenance and development of production equipment programming.
- Ensure the acceptance and qualification of production equipment in compliance with specifications, safety and environment rules and regulations.
- Perform on-site maintenance to prevent accidents and to ensure that operators are aware of the importance of complying with safety procedures.
- Make the necessary decisions to optimise maintenance to prevent the recurrence of failures, in line with initial data fixed by his/her manager.
- Organise monitoring of the process and monitor the process parameters - Report to his/her manager - monitor production conditions and make simple corrections in the event of malfunctions.
- Check the conformity of cycle times in relation to Reference times.
- Assist with progress initiatives in the cell (LEAN tools) and help to improve equipment and workshop processes.
- Update documents or computer databases associated with his/her job.
- Perform an ergonomics analysis and diagnosis of machines in his/her field of expertise.
- Propose and implement adequate corrective actions.
- Analyse micro-failures.
- Propose and implement adequate solutions and improvement plans.
- Ensure the supply of spare parts and receive, check and enter into stock delivered products.
- Assign products to defined storage places and locations based on their storage location and their technical characteristics.
- To be considered for this position, you should ideally have: Mechanical / Electrical engineering qualification (HNC / HND etc.) ideally dual skilled or has Electrical bias qualification.
- Relevant experience within an Industrial working environment.
- PLC experience advantageous.
- Flexible and can work to challenging deadlines.
- Knowledge of injection Moulding.
- Experience of Branson welders desirable.
- Knowledge of Robotics desirable.
- Perm role
- Free staff parking