Tyne and Wear
Our clients are specialists in their industry sector, they are looking to recruit a Transport Planner on a permanent basis. This is an exciting opportunity for a candidate who has the required skillset.
- You will be liaising with internal departments and drivers as necessary to answer any queries or problems regarding deliveries.
- Proven experience of working within a transport planning/coordinating role is essential
- To maintain other forms of change so that scheduling of fleet and driver resources is accurate and cost effective.
- Route and Load planning with exporting and importing from depots.
- Must have excellent Geographical knowledge.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be highly organised with a high attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills.
- An understanding of drivers hours / EU rules is preferred however training will be given.
- The ideal candidate will have previous knowledge and experience of planning routes/loads for a fleet of Heavy Goods Vehicles around the UK as it is essential that all vehicles are used to maximum capacity.
- Strong IT Skills are essential in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and Transport Planning software packages.
- Good administration skills are required to prepare information for KPI reports and to analyse & collect data to present management information to the Director of Group Operations.
- Great problem solver.
- Excellent team player.
- Day shift role.
- Competitive pay.