Junior Design Engineer
Tyne and Wear
Our clients are specialists in their industry sector, they are looking to recruit a Junior Design Engineer (Electrical) on a permanent basis. This is an exciting opportunity for a candidate who has the required skillset.
- Understand project requirements and concepts.
- Use engineering techniques to create drafts, models and prototypes.
- Collaborate with team members to complete projects.
- Use feedback from other designers to improve.
- Create high-quality detailed technical drawings and plans based on designs supplied by consultants and designers and make modifications to existing drawings.
- Use a variety of CAD software programmes to create designs in 2D and 3D models.
- Provide technical advice to manufacturing.
- Provide accurate, detailed and to scale drawings.
- Ensure drawings are compliant with industry and health and safety standards and protocols.
- Conduct site visits and surveys when required.
- Present working drawings for use in all stages of the project, tender, manufacture/construction and installation.
- Creation of Bills of Materials and selection of suitable components.
- Produce installation and manufacturing documentation.
- Maintain accurate records.
- HNC/HND in Electrical Engineering.
- Previous experience working in a manufacturing environment.
- Previous of experience as a junior designer/technician preferable but not essential.
- Good Knowledge of electrical systems and theory.
- Previous knowledge of electrical control panels desirable.
- Experience with design software, preferably SolidEdge, CorelDRAW, 2D CAD programs.
- Teamwork skills.
- A keen eye for detail.
- Time management and multitasking abilities.
- Creativity skills and problem-solving aptitude.
- Salary £20-£23000 P/A.
- 20 Days Holiday.
- Working hours 8.30-5pm Mon-Thursday, 8.30-4pm Friday.