Supply Chain Manager
Permanent – Full Time
Our client is a specialist manufacturing company. Due to growth, they are now recruiting for a Supply Chain Manager.
- The overall purpose of our Supply Chain Manager is to have responsibility for the planning of all materials and processes.
- You will develop and improve planning processes and organize manufacturing requirements according to demand and quality standards, ensuring goods are produced on time for distribution in a profitable manner.
- You will play an active role in managing and coaching your team, notably, Warehouse, Planner, Purchaser Customer Service/Administration.
- Subject Matter Expert for Supply Chain.
- Management of supplier costs with a view to improvement.
- Management of supplier source to maintain a constant supply of materials and dual supply.
- Management of Forecast and Planning processes to meet the business growth requirements.
- Downloading and interpretation of product stock requirement to support the planning process.
- Manage accurate input of production information/updating spreadsheets through your team.
- Responsibility for our Planner, Warehouse Supervisor, Purchaser and Production Administrator.
- Work with the Purchaser to inform them of purchasing requirements to meet the production schedule.
- General stock control management.
- Implement supply chain changes.
- Manage stock accuracy.
- Provide operational support and guidance to ensure maximum productivity.
- Manage planning around manpower, equipment and raw materials needed to cover production demand.
- Manage supply chain issues when they arise aiming for minimum disruption.
- Prepare and submit status and performance reports.
- Represent supply chain in meetings including senior level.
- Troubleshoot and resolve customer issues relating to supply of products.
- Hands on management of the planning and scheduling process.
- Collaborate with other departments to identify vulnerabilities and close operational gaps.
- Responsibility for moving product to Warehouse in line with customer orders.
- Manage all product transport requirements.
- You'll be ensuring that materials and components are available at the right time and in the right quantities to achieve production continuity.
- Implement service level agreements with suppliers and build KPI’s to measure supplier performance.
- To facilitate continuous improvement projects by measuring, analysing and improving systems and processes.
- Proven experience working in a supply chain/planning role.
- Excellent knowledge of production planning, purchasing and quality control principles.
- Experience in ERP.
- Working knowledge of MS Office and ERP systems.
- Good at maths and statistics.
- Knowledge of Quality System Procedures and requirements
- Understand ISO9001 requirements.
- Strong team ethic and attitude.
- Can do attitude.
- You will be working for a well-established growing employer.
- An excellent salary.
- A company experiencing continued growth, expansion and investment.
- The company are fully compliant with the latest health and safety requirements for current safe working practices.