Embedded Software Engineer
Permanent – Full Time
Our client is a well-established Engineering company. Due to growth, they are now looking for an Embedded Software Engineer.
- An Embedded Software Engineer is required to join the design team who specialise in low power, high integrity designs.
- As a member of the team your work will involve the development, test and support of products and devices.
- Design and development of embedded software.
- Defining and performing verification and validation operations.
- Technical documentation.
- A keen interest in the design and development of embedded or RF systems and devices using leading edge technology is therefore essential.
- Will be a 24-month fixed term contract.
- Degree in Computer Science/software engineering or equivalent.
- Embedded C / C++.
- Developing software for low power microcontrollers (PIC, ARM).
- Experience of developing high integrity and safety related systems.
- Strong firmware skills using structured and OO methodologies.
- Strong skills in code analysis, unit testing, verification and validation.
- Experience with safety related coding standards such as MISRA C.
- Knowledge of hardware design.
- Ability to apply safety lifecycles and ‘V’ development model.
- Continuous integration methods and tools.
- Reading and understand circuit schematic diagrams of embedded systems.
- Embedded Linux (BSP).
- Design and implementation of RF datalink and network layers.
- Experience developing for ARM Cortex-M controllers.
- Attractive base salary with plenty of OT opportunity.
- Working for a forward-thinking growing business.
- Good company T’s and C’s.