Permanent – Full Time
Our client is a market leading manufacturing company due to a sustained period of growth they are now looking to recruit a Maintenance Manager.
- Will have responsibility for the 24/7 maintenance team, providing proactive and reactive maintenance solutions, you will work collaboratively with managers across the business to schedule and allocate work.
- To lead a highly effective and efficient maintenance function to sustain the required levels of production, operating with a strong focus on continuous improvement and maintaining company standards, working alongside Managers, Manufacturing Engineers and the Operators with the aim of increasing productivity and quality whilst reducing costs.
- Supervision of Maintenance Technicians and determine work schedules/allocation of resources accordingly.
- Management of the company equipment asset management system.
- Manage maintenance and repair of equipment and all facilities systems and general building maintenance and renovation.
- Manage the priority of faults and arranging for replacements to be installed as required.
- Manage PM’s scheduled checks on machinery and parts.
- Review and ensure maintenance procedures are in place for existing and new equipment.
- Work with production managers to limit breakdowns and operational downtime.
- Ensure the spares and critical spares are reviewed and stock checked.
- Work alongside the engineering department to improve production and machine efficiencies.
- Completion of root cause investigation.
- Ensure the team can respond immediately to equipment breakdown.
- Ensuring compliance inspections are completed and associated actions achieved.
- Organise supplier/contractor visits to complete service and inspections required, in collaboration with purchasing, production and engineering.
- Oversee, obtain quotes and manage relationships with external contractors and vendors.
- Help mitigate and manage any building or equipment emergencies that may occur both within and outside of normal business hours.
- Management of the maintenance budget.
- Support autonomous maintenance implementation.
- Facilitate daily meetings to aid problem solving.
- Support high level projects implemented across the business, such as installation of new machinery.
- Contribute to the professional development of colleagues within the Maintenance Team.
- Educated to HNC level or equivalent in Engineering Field.
- Multi skilled.
- IEE 18th Edition Certificate
- Robotics and automation experience.
- Cleanroom experience of high vacuum tools.
- Electrical Duty Holder position.
- Demonstrable experience in a manufacturing/production environment in a similar management role
- Strong set of engineering skills in multi-skilled maintenance, servicing, troubleshooting and design.
- Application and understanding of SHE principle.
- Working knowledge of relevant legislation.
- Experience on Electrical machine control fault finding and PLC fault finding experience.
- Understanding of budgets including Capex.
- Ability to understand complex drawings and process flows.
- Working knowledge of process engineering.
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing Practices.
- Experience with managing a team of technicians over a 24/7 4 shift pattern.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to interact with both internal and external customers.
- You will be working for a well-established growing employer.
- An excellent salary.
- A company experiencing continued growth, expansion and investment.
- The company are fully compliant with the latest health and safety requirements for current safe working practices.