£26000-£29400 after probation (including shift allowance) Continental shift
Temporary to Permanent
Our client is a world-renowned manufacturing company. Due to a company restructure they are now looking to recruit a Production Supervisor.
- To monitor the health and safety of the members of your team, reporting to your manager any issues or matters that may arise including near misses, tripping hazards etc.
- To monitor the production output of the shift against the production plan, targeting the achievement of planned volume per machine per shift. Any variances from the plan to be reported via the daily Production meeting.
- To control and measure production wastage for each shift, particularly during changeovers and design changes, minimizing wastage wherever possible.
- Wherever there are changeovers/design changes, to sign off the check sheets confirming that the required quality has been achieved.
- Carry out all checks, audits and paperwork required by the company Quality system.
- Manage, develop and motivate direct reporting staff, identifying training requirements.
- Ensure good communication is given either verbally or written to all members of the shift.
- Problem solving and trouble shooting skills are used to ensure that all team members can identify root causes and take fast effective action to resolve the problems in hand.
- Full accountability for shift ensuring safety and performance targets are achieved.
- Lead/assist with continuous improvement projects and other similar activities.
- Will ensure all operators are maintaining output levels in line with targets and recording all major events.
- Will collect and check all summary KPI reports from operators at the end of the shift.
- Maintain high standards adhering to Health and Safety procedures.
- The suitable candidate should be dynamic, self-driven, results orientated, and above all have a positive ‘can do’ attitude with a clear focus on delivering good quality products first time.
- We are looking for a highly organised, natural forward planning, logical, structured thinker and motivator who can critically assess situations and act on them.
· Resilience and an ability to liaise with staff at all levels are essential.
· Candidates will need to be a strong character that is able to meet day to day challenges.
· Hands on supervisory/management experience is essential.
· Electrical / Mechanical experience /knowledge is preferable.
· Excellent organisational skills including planning of labour and processes.
· Good Health, Safety and Environmental awareness with an understanding of Risk Assessments and legislation.
· Ability to liaise with all levels in an organisation.
· Happy working continental shift pattern.
- You will be working for a well-established growing employer.
- An excellent salary.
- A company experiencing continued growth, expansion and investment.
- The company are fully compliant with the latest health and safety requirements for current safe working practices.