Maintenance Technician (Multi Skilled Elec bias)
£35,000 (inc shift allowance)
A leading North East based company are looking for a Maintenance Technician (Multi Skilled) to join their team in a permanent role. Our client is committed to providing pioneering engineering services to their customers; this is an exciting opportunity and a well-rewarded role for the ideal candidate.
- Attend to all planned & unplanned work across a multi-disciplined arena – electrical, mechanical, hydraulics, pneumatic, process & PLC (Allen Bradley).
- Ensure that all Manufacturing Plant is maintained in line with targeted KPI’s and best practise methodologies.
- Work within a cell structure to give technical support to the allocated area, this area will receive priority attention for calls and support with continuous improvement tasks.
- Record & Report findings from investigations.
- Provide flexibility for cover through holidays/training/absence.
- Maintain & service all plant & equipment to agreed schedules.
- Support the EHS culture to create a healthy and risk-free working environment.
- Commit to personal & team development through active engagement in the PDR process.
- Apply Lean Methodologies and Contiguous Improvement principles to daily work activities.
- Responsible for Product Safety & Product Quality as defined by regulatory, client and local procedures.
- Communicate issues in a timely manner through escalation of chain of command.
- Provide mechanical breakdown cover for all activities carried out on the site.
- Provide electrical breakdown cover for all activities carried out on the site.
- Carry out maintenance, repairs, installation and testing of electrical apparatus.
- Carry out maintenance, repairs, installation and testing of Mechanical apparatus.
- Work within pressurised time constraints during breakdown situations.
- Carry out building and site maintenance including both mechanical and electrical activities.
- Actively Participate in improvement of planned maintenance systems.
- Provide support and supervision, as necessary, for contractors working on client premises.
- Order and specify maintenance consumables and spare parts.
- To work as part of a team but have the initiative to work alone to solve problems.
- An experienced Multi Skilled Technician with experience within Manufacturing to add value to the Team in Line with Site KPI’s.
- Experience working as in a similar role within a Manufacturing background essential.
- Experience in continuous improvement, problem solving and change management in an industrial environment.
- Broad Engineering experience preferred.
- HNC/HND in Electrical Process Engineering discipline.
- A recognised apprenticeship in Engineering or possesses City & Guilds /NVQ qualification with relevant experience and EITB Multi Skilled.
- Good English skills both orally and written.
- Good level of MS office and IT competence.
- Competitive salary
- On-site parking
- Private medical/dental insurance
- Life insurance