Health and Safety Manager
Tyne and Wear
Health and Safety
Our client is a market leader in their sector. As part of this growth they are now looking for a motivated Health and Safety Manager who is looking to grasp an outstanding career opportunity, and help a business grow and improve.
- Promote a positive health and safety culture throughout the business.
- Develop a program of work to include health and safety audits using iAuditor, inspections and assessments of all company assets.
- Provide advice, guidance and support to managers, employees about client Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- Reviewing and update H&S policies and procedures in line with any legislative changes.
- Carry out investigations of incidents, accidents throughout the company to ensure lessons are learnt, action is taken and that we take steps to prevent reoccurrence and mitigate risk.
- Maintain all relevant paperwork for all accidents and incidents. Providing reports and feedback to senior leadership.
- Provide support and advice to all areas of the business. Organising risk assessments and ensuring that appropriate levels of concern and action is taken in a timely manner.
- Identify training needs for employees for all activities and equipment used throughout the business.
- Identify shortcoming on the implementation of health and safety legislation in the business and maintain the legal register.
- Carry out and clearly record detailed investigations of reportable accidents / incidents.
- Attend all H&S meetings and H&S Committee meetings, providing advice, interpretation on standard, legislation and procedures. This includes management summaries of compliance against applicable legislation.
- Develop and maintain H&S guidance notes, policies and procedures in line with 45001 and integrate with ISO9001.
- Maintain H&S department records.
- Manage the factory TPM system and liaise with the Head of Production that new equipment is included and that statutory inspections and servicing take place.
- Relevant qualifications such as NEBOSH Diploma or NVQ L5 / NEBOSH Health Safety and Wellbeing certificate or equivalent.
- Full UK driving licence.
- Proven experience of risk assessments, incident reporting and investigation, safety auditing, RIDDOR and COSHH.
- Familiar with specific health and safety standards including ISO and internal audit qualifications.
- Thorough knowledge of all relevant legislation applicable to health and safety with specialist knowledge in manufacturing.
- Previous similar professional health and safety experience, ideally in a manufacturing environment.
- Excellent salary.
- Day shift role.
- Opportunity to work between different sites