Procurement Supply Chain Assistant
Tyne and Wear
Permanent – Full Time
Our client is a market leader in their sector. As part of this growth they are now looking for a motivated Procurement Supply Chain Assistant who is looking to grasp an outstanding career opportunity, and help a business grow and improve.
- Reporting to the Purchasing Executive your role will centre on procurement and supply chain management.
- You will assist in the control and coordination of our product range from suppliers, ensuring finished goods are supplied on time to our warehouse.
- This is a key role in making sure “on time” delivery for product purchase orders is achieved, as well as ensuring the business system data accurately reflects production plans and delivery schedules.
- Placement of purchase orders according to company requirements and in accordance with procedures.
- Expedite any delays or issues to ensure we achieve our targets of order supply.
- Establish and maintain strong customer-supplier relations.
- Maintain the progress of each purchase order from placement to receipt, ensuring timely delivery in agreement with our terms whilst updating business systems.
- Liaise with suppliers with respect to product specifications, transit, documentation and errors.
- Maintain PO plans to reflect true delivery position including capacity restraints, factory closures, holidays, transportation and production lead times etc.
- Analytical skill – you should be able to demonstrate a level of proficiency in Excel, as well as strong administration, data entry skills and perform a high level of numeracy.
- GCSE or equivalent in Maths and English.
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as part of a team with excellent time management and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills, particularly written including dealing with “offshore” suppliers.
- Ability to organise, categorise and reproduce detailed information with speed and efficiency, possessing high attention to detail.
- Creative planning and problem solving.
- Have confidence to prioritise own workload without constant supervision.
- Have an eye for detail and a good standard of numeracy in order to analyse facts and figures and be capable of producing fast accurate work.
- MS Excel and Microsoft Dynamics experience preferred but not essential.
- Permanent role.
- Competitive salary.
- Opportunity to work for one of the regions employers of choice.