Senior Maintenance Engineer
£35,000 - £40,000
Our exclusive client is a true North East success story within the regional manufacturing sector. The company is a privately-owned business with a proud heritage of developing, manufacturing, and supplying a range of highly specialised high-quality products to a true blue-chip international customer base. The company operates from a well-resourced production facility located in the heart lands of Tyne and Wear, with significant investment in new state of the art technology and product innovation with a skilled workforce aiming to provide their customers with the best service available on the market. The company is now entering a new and exciting phase of development.
They are now looking to recruit a Senior Maintenance Engineer to ensure the smooth running of all manufacturing assets, plant, and equipment. The role will also provide direction and leadership to the department, ensuring all breakdowns are prioritised and actioned with immediacy and the planned preventative maintenance programme is continuously implemented.
You will be joining a great North East business with a strong history, a fantastic leadership team who have a clear forward-thinking vision, and the role offers a secure positive future.
- Leading a small but very experienced team of Maintenance Technicians.
- Working safely at all times, whilst complying with and developing company processes (safe systems of work, permit systems, method statement and risk assessments).
- Efficiently and effectively fault finding as well as diagnosing technical and process issues.
- Coordinating and cooperating with Production Management on a day to day basis to ensure efficient running of plant and equipment.
- Resolving breakdown issues with minimal impact to Production.
- Identifying equipment improvement opportunities
- Completing maintenance activities on time and as planned.
- Following instructions provided by Site Management.
- Maintaining a safe, clean and tidy work area at all times.
- A team player, with a can-do attitude.
- Open to Improving technical skills, knowledge and ability at all times.
- Comfortable using IT systems to complete shift reports and repair schedules.
- Providing the Maintenance Team with technical support, direction and problem-solving skills.
- Managing, sourcing and ordering spare parts when necessary.
- Ensuring that the site maintenance programme is followed and continually developed.
- The working hours are 8am – 6pm Mon – Thurs and 8am – 4pm Friday.
- Time-served with a multi-skilled maintenance background and an electrical bias.
- A good communicator across all levels of the business.
- Electro/mechanical maintenance repair skills.
- A background working within a busy manufacturing/engineering environment.
- Possesses excellent fault-finding skills.
- Experience of working with and repairing PLC systems.
- 18th edition IEE reg’s is desirable.
- Experience in preventative maintenance on modern machinery and equipment.
- IT Literate with experience of Microsoft Word, Excel and an understanding of ERP software.
- Previous Lead Technician/Team Leader experience, or the ambition to progress to this level would be desirable.
- Working for a highly successful North East business, with a strong and proud heritage in the region.
- A superb career opportunity, to be the Lead Maintenance Technician and to develop your skills and experience to the next level.
- A business with a fantastic senior team and great plans for the future success of the company.
- The company supply to a blue-chip customer base, with a range of high value, quality products.