Buyer (12-month fixed term contract)
Our client is a world renown manufacturing company. To cover a period of maternity they are now recruiting for a Buyer on a 12-month fixed term contract.
- To ensure all production consumables and raw materials and are purchased in a timely manner to meet manufacturing production plans.
- Working with MRP systems, studying demand lead-times, considering historical data against current usage patterns and using own initiative/knowledge.
- Monitor, record and report the vendor rating system for raw material and suppliers.
- Review raw materials to ensure incoming raw materials meet agreed specifications.
- You will negotiate purchasing contracts for production consumables and non-stock items.
- Processing of internal purchasing requisitions.
- Must have previous experience in a buying role within manufacturing.
- Happy to work on a fixed term 12-month contract.
- You will have experience using MRP systems and excellent IT skills.
- Have good interpersonal skills.
- Previous negotiating experience.
- You will be working for a well-established growing employer.
- An excellent salary.
- A company experiencing continued growth, expansion and investment.
- The company are fully compliant with the latest health and safety requirements for current safe working practices.