Senior Controller / Global Commodity Specialist – Capex Packaging Controller
Tyne and Wear
We are recruiting for our market leading client who are looking for a Senior Controller / Global Commodity Specialist – Capex Packaging Controller to join their team. Along with the attractive salary and excellent benefits the company also offers the opportunity to work for one of the region’s employer of choice. If you have a strong Purchasing/Procurement background and capex packaging experience this role could be ideal for you.
- To be part of the Purchase team and contribute to the delivery of its overall strategy and objectives.
- Lead the Purchasing activities for the Indirect CAPEX Purchase Services in Europe.
- Develop and lead commodity strategies to support business expansion and achievement of cost reduction targets.
- Support the current Indirect Purchase team within the UK as well as the CAPEX Commodity team in Italy.
- Lead negotiations with supplier management teams.
- Lead and support new model Capital Expenditure and Tooling sourcing activities, ensuring cost reduction target costs are achieved.
- Understand indirect services’ cost drivers and commercial issues.
- Manage Contract renewal of indirect services whilst following company procedures
- Think strategically and ‘out of the box,’ whilst being flexible and pragmatic.
- Maintain conformance with business and engineering/manufacturing systems.
- Communicate effectively and lead cost reduction projects across functions.
- Support the achievement of the annual cost reduction commitment both locally and globally (Packaging CAPEX).
- Manage the supply base to achieve Quality, Cost, Delivery, Development and Morale (QCDDM) targets.
- Lead and coordinate Supplier VA/VE activity in close cooperation with other related functions.
- Ensure on time delivery of Weekly/monthly reports.
- As a member of Global purchasing network, promote the sharing of best practice across the European and Global organisation as well as supporting all integration projects of the client.
- Support rollout of global initiatives to maintain competitiveness.
- The successful candidate shall be dynamic, proactive, results oriented individual with the ability to work to tight deadlines.
- You must possess excellent organisational, communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills to ensure success.
- This is a hands on, strategic focused role ensuring operational realisation is achieved.
- The successful candidate must be used to working within a fast paced manufacturing environment, operating to the highest standard with specific previous CAPEX procurement experience.
- You will have strong numerical and analytical skills as well as planning capabilities with the ability to multitask and adjust to changing priorities in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Proven track record of achieving cost reduction targets, ideally in an automotive or similarly fast paced environment within Indirect Procurement.
- Ideally educated to degree level in Business, Engineering or related field with MCIPS.
- Awareness of the nature of the business / corporate strategy and a strong understanding of the appropriateness of different purchasing strategies.
- Takes accountability of their results, and strives for better by setting higher goals and targets whilst also supporting the team.
- An understanding of the nature of supply market structures.
- Able to develop short and long term strategic plans as well as analytical strength to turn the business vision into a workable plan and deliver to tight timescales.
- An effective communicator at all levels in the organisation.
- Excellent and reliable team player.
- Be a key positive influencer.
- Knowledge of commercial and contract law.
- Developing and maintaining strong business relationships with suppliers and clients.
- This position will require flexibility and willingness to travel within Europe and occasionally Worldwide.
- Competitive salary
- Company Contribution up to 8% for Pension
- Company Sick Pay Scheme
- Free Car Parking
- Life Assurance