Our client are specialists in their engineering market sector. Due to expansion, they are now looking to recruit a NPI Engineer.
- Introduction of the new product to fully locked down manufacturing processes.
- Improving existing processes/products and designing the specific tools needed for manufacturing aids with a zero-defect mentality.
- Undertake new design work as well as working from customer drawings, developing flat patterns.
- Assist in quoting for prospective work.
- Utilise production capacity as efficiently as possible.
- Utilise the ERP system to construct new work and fulfil the manufacturing requirements.
- Liaise with product planning and manufacturing personnel to resolve any manufacturing issues.
- Carrying out duties and responsibilities in compliance with company procedures, work instructions, rules and policies.
- An understanding, interest and enthusiasm for manufacturing and engineering in practical terms.
- An understanding of geometric tolerancing.
- Ability to accurately interpret complex customer specifications.
- Effective communication skills internally and externally.
- Estimating skills.
- Practicality with a hands-on approach.
- Self-motivation with the ability to influence and engage others to perform.
- Knowledge of production processes.
- Innovative and proactive in problem-solving.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Excellent time management skills.
- The ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Strong knowledge welding and fabrication processes essential.
- Manufacturing experience in an NPI / Production Engineering position.
- 3D modelling software experience and competence.
- Minimum HNC in Mechanical Engineering.
- Proficient in MS Office Applications.
- Competitive salary
- 24 days holiday
- Training and development