Electrical Supervisor/ Inspector
We are recruiting for our market leading client who are looking for an Electrical Supervisor/Inspector. Along with the attractive salary the company also offers the opportunity to work for one of the region’s employer of choice.
- The Electrical Supervisor/inspector will be responsible for all aspects of the company’s electrical systems and installations.
- Applicant shall liaise with internal contracts/controls engineers to ensure all project requirements/inclusions are made.
- This process shall include all quality, H&S and regulatory aspects of the controls/electrical systems are maintained.
- Applicant requires a thorough knowledge of electrical regulations combined with good communication skills to ascertain the full extent of a project and see it through the production process.
- Applicant shall assist in the resolution of both aftersales and main project queries associated with site installation/team responsibilities when required.
- Regular contact with site team members and interaction with logistics for manpower planning will form part of these duties.
- Support both the internal and site electrical teams day to day requirements ensuring swift resolution should difficulties of either a technical or supplies/component nature arise.
- Maintain/improve quality of product electrical installation.
- Promote/expanding standard installation practices to maximise team efficiency.
- As required, participate in root cause analysis and assist in improvement activities to promote Best Practice/Right First Time.
- Develop/improve the electrical stores procedures to minimise production delays.
- Inspect electrical deliveries including controls, issue controls components & panels for installation within factory.
- Show leadership skills to support electrical production team with both technical and quality knowledge.
- Support the manufacturing team to achieve output of high standards of quality.
- Recording and correcting non-conformances issues using in-house processes.
- Maintain awareness of current electrical legislation within electrical production team.
- Maintain all test/inspection equipment calibration certification, safety of hand & power tools.
- ‘Pre-closure’ line and roving inspections for conformance to specification including workmanship standards.
- Inspection of piece parts, electrical and cable assemblies and completed assemblies as required.
- Conformance of Electrical Assemblies as part of ‘Line’ and ‘Roving’ inspection routine.
- Logging inspection status as required on inspection records and within MRP system.
- Ensure all product test & record documentation is completed and forwarded to project filing system e.g.
- Installation & Dead test sheets.
- Shall have a recognised electrical qualification preferably as a time served commercial electrician (Preferably with Academic qualifications Minimum HNC Electrical), City & Guilds Level 3 (or Higher) Certificate in requirements for Electrical Installations (current IEE wiring regulations) 18th Edition Regs (2382)
- Certified Testing and Inspection qualification of Electrical Installations Encompassing Machine Directive/BS7671
- Full driving license.
- Competitive salary
- Day shift role