Field Service Engineer- Panel Wirer
£27,500 plus expenses
An outstanding opportunity has arisen for a Field Service Engineer to join our North East based specialist engineering client. This opportunity would see the chosen Field Service Engineer cover the UK and Worldwide in an extremely well rewarding role. As the company is based in Wearside, they are looking for an Engineer to be based within travelling distance to Washington/Sunderland as you will work out of the company offices. They are also looking for an experienced Panel Wirer/Electrical Fitter who is looking to progress their career, receive an excellent training programme and develop into an Engineer with a highly interesting and varied role
- Endeavour to get customers operational in as short a time as possible, utilise technical experience from head office or from existing site team where necessary
- Fault finding with relation to control panel issues where safe to do so
- Fault finding with relation to plant process issues
- Fault finding in relation to premature wear
- Take a pro-active approach to visiting customers carrying out service visits and offering advice where possible, follow up on previous reports or visits.
- Ensure all customers in your geographic area are visited or contacted as per agreed annual targets.
- Take ownership of any problems you are involved with ensuring any actions for design, technical or otherwise are in hand and completed.
- Advise and train plant operators and maintenance personnel as to correct and proper operation and maintenance.
- Ensure customer or key stakeholders are advised of inadequate housekeeping and maintenance.
- Upsell company spares and service packages where possible and appropriate, advise on holding of recommended spares list
- Feedback and follow up on required plant alterations and standard design and technical alterations both for specific customer problems and general continuous improvements.
- Apply the minimum quality and environmental standards required under ISO 9001 and 14001 and the company quality and environmental standards
- Electrical / Mechanical Qualification
- Ideally you will have a strong panel wiring or electrical fitting background.
- Basic H & S qualifications for site works
- Manual Handling training
- Good planning & Organising Skills
- Effective communicator – verbally and through reports
- Excellent Interpersonal skills
- Builds relationships quickly
- Fit and capable of lifting articles as required for the job
- Fit and capable of climbing ladders and working at heights
- Clean current driving license
- This role offers the opportunity for candidates to travel the world.
- Work as part of a family ran company who are recognised specialists in their industry sector.
- You will be put through training by the company which will give you recognised certifications.
- Competitive salary.
- Expenses also paid