An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Manufacturing Engineer to work in a rewarding role based in the North Yorkshire area. You will be working with a major blue chip employer, If you are motivated and enjoy helping achieve business goals then this role will be suited to you.
- Standardise, document, train and audit manufacturing processes and methods.
- Develop, train and implement lean manufacturing and best practice tools and techniques across all production areas.
- Lead and facilitate manufacturing problem solving activities.
- Validate new products and design changes in manufacturing.
- Identify and execute manufacturing cost down, efficiency and effectiveness improvements
- Support in the training and development of new personnel and the team to ensure they have the right skill set to meet the needs of the business.
- Ensure all work & time is recorded appropriately through the required system by all team members.
- Provide timely feedback to managers on any quality, technical, and or delivery issues that arise.
- Work to clearly defined goals with respect to safety, quality, efficiency and delivery.
- Adhere to general housekeeping and 5S rules ensuring the team always maintain a clean, tidy and organized working environment.
- Attend functional and business meetings as required and support other departments in order to meet Company objectives.
- Ensure company policies and procedures are followed by the team members.
- Experience of working as Manufacturing Engineer in a product design, manufacture and supply environment.
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings and specifications.
- Proven leadership ability, supporting individual, team and organizational change, keeping the organisation’s vision, mission and values at the forefront of decision-making and action, willing to collaborate with others.
- Ability to work under pressure, within tight deadlines, with flexible approach to working hours and a motivated team player.
- Ability to establish strong working relationships and engagement with internal \ external teams, stakeholders and customers.
- Process driven, detailed and solutions orientated, with experience of working in a formal, continuous improvement culture and understanding of lean manufacturing tools techniques (5S \ TPM \ Std Work \ Line Balancing)Strong effective decision making, organizational, time management, communication and IT skill.
- Excellent logical reasoning, root cause analysis, deductive problem-solving and analytical abilities.
- Full and current UK driving license
- Excellent salary offered
- Dayshift role
- Employer of choice in region