Our outstanding client based in the Teeside area are one of the regions employers of choice, they now have a permanent opportunity for a Glue Operator to join their team. If you have a strong background making ready and running Gluing Machines in a safe manor this role could be ideal for you.
- Ensuring all safe systems of work and standard operating procedures are always adhered to in Health & Safety, Production and Quality, as set out by the company.
- Set up & run Folding Gluing machines, to an agreed customer specification, monitoring quality always, ensuring any defect is highlighted.
- Maximise efficiencies and maintain optimum speeds for the machine, while ensuring the Health & Safety of the assistants is not compromised.
- Manage assistant personnel within the department.
- Complete all related paperwork and input data accurately.
- Carry out maintenance and ensure the machines are kept in a good mechanical working order, reporting any issues to management.
- Ensure the housekeeping of the machine and working area, is maintained, in line with the company standard.
- Identify areas of improvements and work in a proactive manor.
- Train and develop trainees and assistants within the department.
- Any other duties that can be reasonably expected of the role.
- Good Knowledge & Experience of carton construction, and operating Folding Gluing machines, including Glue detection and code reader QA systems.
- Passionate about results and fundamental belief in Health & Safety, Quality, performance and training - demonstrates can do attitude
- Self-motivated, with the ability to think individually with well-reasoned decision making qualities.
- Excellent communicator (written and verbal), with an excellent team working ethic.
- Excellent attention to detail and willingness to challenge.
- Ability to problem solve & mechanical aptitude.
- Excellent salary
- Day shift role