Permanent – Full Time
Our client are an expanding leader in the process/pharma sector, unprecedented growth is the reason they are now looking to recruit and Engineering Manager.
- In this position the Engineering Manager will efficiently utilise all resources to maximise engineering activity, ensuring that PPM schedules are completed as well as ensuring that targets are met on safety, output, quality, efficiency, energy and waste.
- You will assist in the development of a small engineering team to meet the high expectations as well as managing all aspects of supplier on site activities and controlling engineering cost within budget.
- Project management experience is key, as this manufacturing site requires an individual who can also manage budgets and timescales for new and existing installations and factory expansion.
- Setting the vision, goals and objectives of the department and developing Engineering KPI’s to monitor these targets.
- Engineering lead for build projects
- Delivering production processes that are appropriate for the manufacturing environment, and that meet manufacturing objectives.
- Developing and implementing process development procedures that are compliant to ISO, GMP and all other applicable agency regulations and standards.
- Identify engineering cost and efficiency improvements, plan and execute.
- Ensure the engineering department is cost effective and meets budget.
- Meet all 5s, GMP, Quality and compliance requirements within engineering department.
- Meet all H&S and environmental compliance requirements.
- Responsible for the selection of new equipment, validation and maintenance of equipment.
- Ensure department follows all processes and procedures. Also, perform all tasks within the ISO 9001-2015 Quality Management, H&S and environmental system.
- Degree in Engineering or related field of science.
- Previous experience of experience in Process Development & Engineering.
- Experience in the Pharmaceutical or Process industry is preferred along with a solid understanding of machine operation and production processes.
- Previous experience in personnel management and development, ensuring you are able to direct your team to successful completion of all tasks whilst maintaining good morale.
- Thorough knowledge of ISO quality systems and validation principles for manufacturing processes.
- Experience in design for manufacturing, process design, process validation and project management.
- Working knowledge of Continuous Improvement methodologies.
- Strong leadership, communication, and influencing skills in order to work effectively across organizational boundaries and influence decision-makers across multiple sites/regions/levels.
- You will have a good attention to detail, you approach situations with a meticulous eye on safety, quality and procedures.
- You will have excellent troubleshooting skills with a focus on finding a solution through to resolution.
- You will be working for a market leasing growing company.
- Excellent salary and pension.
- A highly secure organisation with opportunities for career progression.
- The company are fully compliant with the latest health and safety requirements for current safe working practices.