Mechanical & Electrical Maintenance Technician
Tyne and Wear
Permanent – Full Time
We are recruiting for our market leading client who are looking for a Mechanical and Electrical Maintenance Technician. Along with the attractive salary the company also offers the opportunity to work for one of the region’s employer of choice.
- Work safely at all times complying with and using (safe systems of work using permit systems, method statement, dynamic risk assessments).
- Efficiently and effectively fault find / diagnose technical / process issues
- Resolve breakdown issues with minimal impact to production.
- Identify process and equipment improvement opportunities (maintenance schedules and equipment capability / reliability).
- Complete all maintenance activities on time as planned.
- Be flexible in attendance to complete activities.
- Follow instructions provided by site management / supervisors.
- Maintain a clean and tidy work area at all times.
- Be a proactive team member.
- Improving technical skills and knowledge at all times.
- Recognised engineering apprenticeship or similar qualification.
- 3 - 5 years' engineering experience gained working within a manufacturing environment.
- Experience in PPM and fault finding on hydraulics and pneumatics systems on modern machinery and equipment.
- Using computer systems.
- Sound maintenance / engineering experience in a production environment, ideally a heavy engineering environment.
- Double Day shift role.
- Employer of choice.
- Excellent team culture across the business.