Tyne and Wear
We are recruiting for our market leading client who are looking for a Maintenance Supervisor. Along with the attractive salary the company also offers the opportunity to work for one of the region’s employer of choice.
- Managing and leading the sites Health & Safety culture.
- Assisting, sustaining and improving a safe working environment through the creation of Risk/PUWER assessments and supporting corrective measures and tools that are in keeping with legislation and best practices.
- Maintenance Supervisor responsible for the continued supervision and frontline maintenance amongst the engineering team, working with and reporting directly to the Factory Manager, liaising with engineers to provide support on a daily basis.
- Providing knowledge, resource, support and ideas to make a difference today from the data yesterday, to create a better tomorrow.
- Upskilling and capability building in team members in maintenance practices and standard operation procedures.
- Providing support and guidance in reactive breakdown situations whenever they arise.
- Writing and implementing Pre-Planned Maintenance schedules for site equipment with a view to engineering reliability issues, taking re-occurring issues and implementing corrective measures to improve reliability and performance.
- Responsible for the creation and implementation of Pre-Planned Maintenance schedules and routines for production equipment.
- Completing Capital Projects to schedule and cost, creating and planning capital projects in areas of site and equipment to improve reliability and output.
- Maintaining engineering records and KPI’s.
- New machine sign offs and compliance.
- Managing contractors visiting the site.
- Reacting to breakdowns and process failures in a timely manner to minimise loss and maintain production performance.
- Capturing Breakdown and Process Failure data, analysing data to prioritise resource to improve long term performance.
- Creating appropriate and effective countermeasures through problem solving and in-depth analysis tools to reduce and remove losses in a production environment.
- Organising and managing resource to maintain and improve machine and line efficiency and Performance Reliability.
- Working with and within an engineering department utilising resource, skills and experience to solve problems and create solutions in a production environment.
- Analysing and utilising daily management structures to focus on areas of requires improvement.
- Creation, implementation and management of change management and continuous improvement processes.
- Previous experience in Maintenance Supervisor role within FMCG or food industry.
- HNC qualified mechanical or electrical.
- Expertise on Maintenance procedures and best practice.
- Proven ability to implement process improvement initiatives.
- Strong knowledge of warehouse KPI's.
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills.
- Competitive salary
- Day shift role