Tyne and Wear
We are recruiting for our market leading client who are looking for a Warehouse Supervisor. Along with the attractive salary the company also offers the opportunity to work for one of the region’s employer of choice.
- Manage the warehouse team to ensure all goods are unloaded and replenished, correctly checked and located
- Ensure company assets in the warehouse (Pallets, stock) are controlled and accounted for at all times.
- Manage employee and equipment deployment to maximise shift efficiency, both directly and through your team.
- Ensure that good management practice and all processes are followed in order to ensure the Health and Safety of our employees and customers.
- Ensure that the department is operated with compliance to all company audit and legal standards, including Food Safety, Health & Safety, customer and internal audits.
- Ensure that all equipment is maintained to company standards and all damages are recorded and stored according to damage procedures and a clean and tidy workspace is kept at all times
- You will manage, lead, and develop your respective team ensuring and successful operations flow throughout the warehouse.
- Manage, motivate, train, appraise, discipline and continually develop the warehouse team.
- Responsible for all Freight and Off Site storage with the help of the Stock Controller.
- Ensure all Inventory is stock controlled and correctly stored along with annual stock checks and weekly stock reconciliations for site and 3rd party storage sites, in line with company guidelines.
- Ensure that products are delivered in a timely, cost effective manner and to the satisfaction of the customer in line with OTIF targets, this data is to be tracked and communicated to the business on a monthly business as part of the KPI/SOP process.
- To review process and warehousing methods on an ongoing basis to achieve capacity and systems improvement.
- Review timeliness of scheduled deliveries.
- Constantly work to improve processes
- Make suggestions for productivity improvements
- Determine and track most important warehouse KPIs
- Communicate and collaborate with other team members
- Forklift Operation Certification.
- Ability to analyze data and provide insights from data
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Accomplishes warehouse human resource objectives by selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising job contributions; recommending compensation actions; adhering to policies and procedures.
- Meets warehouse operational standards by contributing warehouse information to strategic plans and reviews; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; identifying warehouse system improvements.
- Meets warehouse financial standards by monitoring expenditures; identifying variances; implementing corrective actions.
- Moves inventory by liaising with the stock controller scheduling materials to be moved to and from warehouse; coordinating inventory transfers with related departments.
- Prepare shipping documentation and other related paperwork.
- Supervise counting, weighing and identifying of materials meant for shipment.
- Check materials against customer orders, picking lists and billings.
- Check and verify materials in warehouse periodically.
- Maintain records of equipment, materials and products.
- Coordinate and oversee all warehouse logistics.
- Supervise and direct warehouse staff; put worker safety as a top priority.
- Maintain shipping documentation, manifests, and receipts; enter relevant data in reports as needed.
- Ensure that shipment materials match packing lists before dispatching orders.
- Assist in the hiring and training process of new warehouse staff.
- Motivate and lead warehouse staff to effectively carry out given tasks.
- Improve warehouse work processes through strategic planning in order to create a more efficient fulfilment system.
- Previous experience in warehouse operations management within FMCG or food industry.
- Proven work experience as a warehouse manager with experience of managing a warehouse team.
- Expertise on warehouse management procedures and best practice.
- Proven ability to implement process improvement initiatives.
- Strong knowledge of warehouse KPI's
- Hands on experience with warehouse management software and databases.
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills.