Health and Safety
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a QSHE Manager to work in a rewarding role based in the North Yorkshire area. You will be working with a major blue-chip employer, If you are motivated and enjoy helping achieve business goals then this role will be suited to you.
- Efficiently and effectively develop, execute, audit and improve the QHSE management systems to meet certification requirements and the needs of customers, the business and its stakeholders.
- Accident, risk assessment and internal / external non-conformance management including trend \ major issue identification, root cause analysis, counter-measure identification, implementation and validation.
- Develop, execute and improve QHSE processes and activities with the emphasis on continuous improvement, defect, accident and environmental impact prevention and compliance with applicable standards, legislation and regulations to meet customer, business and its stakeholders needs.
- Develop and implement QHSE training to support needs of the business and its stakeholders.
- Coach, develop, manage and build knowledge of the team to provide optimum support to the business.
- Identify, manage, execute and control team resource requirements including recruitment, appraisals, development, overtime and disciplinary activities to ensure the correct levels are available with the required skills sets to meet the needs of the business.
- Develop, execute and manage short and long-term QHSE strategy, objectives and KPI’s.
- Develop, execute, manage and control QHSE documentation ensuring it is available, adhered to and completed correctly by all personnel.
- Manage and control QHSE budgets and spend limits, taking appropriate action on adverse variances.
- Execute team briefs and maintain \ update QHSE performance data.
- Ensure all work and time is recorded appropriately on the required documentation and through the required systems.
- Adhere to general housekeeping and 5S rules ensuring the team always maintain a clean, tidy and organized working environment.
- Attend functional and business meetings as required and support other departments in order to meet Company objectives.
- Ensure company policies and procedures are followed by the team members.
- 2-3 years’ experience of working as a QHSE Manager in an industrial product design, manufacturing and supply environment.
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings and specifications.
- Proven management experience, supporting individual, team and organizational change, keeping the organization’s vision, mission and values at the forefront of decision-making and action, willing to collaborate with others
- Ability to establish strong working relationships and engagement with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders and customers.
- Ability to work under pressure, within tight deadlines, with flexible approach to working hours and a motivated team player.
- Process driven, detailed and solutions orientated, with experience of working in a formal, continuous improvement culture
- Strong effective decision making, organizational, time management, communication and IT skill, with a wide range of negotiating and influencing skills
- Excellent logical reasoning, root cause analysis, deductive problem-solving and analytical abilities.
- Full, current UK driving license
- Complete as is required by the Manager and/or Company activities to ensure the smooth running of the Business where such duties are appropriate to the grade and/or position of the job holder.
- By general demeanour and professionalism ensure always that the image presented of the Company is a positive one.
- Undertake, and participate in, the Company appraisal and reviews.
- Actively participate in training and development courses appropriate to job holder’s role and maximize opportunities for self-development by identifying any additional training needs.
- Report any area of concern to their Manager.
- Be aware of, adhere to and at all times carry out their duties and conduct with due regard to the Company’s policies and procedures.
- Employer of choice in region
- Competitive pay
- Great team culture