Our client is a major force with in the North East Food manufacturing sector. Part of a larger group they are now looking for a Maintenance Electrician for their North Tyneside facility. Continued growth and development of their site is the reason they are now looking to recruit a Maintenance Electrician. This role offers the chance to work a permanent day shift and the opportunity to work for a well-established blue chip manufacturing company.
- Provide knowledge and experience and support to install, maintain and repair production and ancillary equipment within the site.
- Be responsible for the co-ordination of the maintenance of the site PM Systems.
- Carry out planned preventative maintenance in accordance with maintenance schedules.
- Carry out reactive maintenance as required.
- Identify and implement improvements on equipment.
- Maintain appropriate computerised and manual records and liaise with various department personnel / suppliers and customers.
- Must have good electrical and mechanical experience.
- Must have previous maintenance experience in a similar role within a production environment.
- Previous experience in the food industry would be desirable.
- Good organisational skills
- Previous experience with steam boilers.
- Previous supervisory experience would be an advantage.
- Hands on approach to solving problems and achieving results is a must.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and reporting skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Be flexible in terms of operational requirements and willing to travel to other sites as and when required.
- Be prepared to work flexible shift patterns as and when required.