Tyne and Wear
£25,000 (1-year FTC)
Our client is at the forefront of the food manufacturing sector. To cover maternity, they now require a Packaging Technologist.
- Working as part of the NPD team primary aim is to deliver a quality packaged product to key customers.
- The role encompasses certain aspects of the NPD process from concept to launch, including blue sky innovation, commercial viability, cost reduction and building closer customer working relationships, supporting internal & external customers.
- To promote inter-site dialogue, knowledge share and develop Best Practices within day to day activities.
- To ensure the smooth flow of new packaging from concept to launch.
- Coordinate packaging projects across a number of functions.
- Brief artwork to design houses.
- Create and maintain cutter guides, supplying to relevant departments.
- Organise packaging trials and transit tests.
- Support where practical day to day site issues with packaging to Technical, operations, purchasing Depts.
- To be familiar with the key issues regarding packaging used and apply that knowledge as required.
- Keep the business updated on any new packaging innovations that are available in marketplace.
- Qualified to Degree level or having comparable work experience.
- Packaging industry ideally related to food manufacturing.
- Organised and adaptable.
- Excellent communication skills-verbal and written.
- Thoroughness and attention to detail.
- Problem solving.
- Proven project working skills.
- Good analytical and presentation skills.
- Structured method of working.
- Planning and organisational skills.
- Excel/Word-IT skills.
- If interested, please email a CV to email@example.com or call him on 0191 242 5618.