£40000-£50000 Dep on experience
Permanent – Full Time
Warehouse and Distribution
Our client is at the forefront of their specialised manufacturing niche. Continued growth is why they are now looking to recruit a Warehouse/Logistics Manager.
- The role supports Logistics and Manufacturing to achieve internal and external customer satisfaction.
- The main focus of this role is to manage all aspects of Warehousing activities and Distribution inn compliance with Company policies and procedures.
- Overall responsibility for the day-to-day running of the Warehouse & Distribution functions (Inbound, Order Management & Outbound).
- Implement lean activities and improvements.
- Freight Invoice tracking and control.
- Optimise Warehouse business processes, with a strong focus on improving quality, efficiency, speed, flexibility, dependability and safeguarding the technical knowledge of the team.
- Ensure productivity targets are achieved and that all warehouse processes are running smoothly and promptly, whilst adhering to all warehousing, handling and shipping legislation requirements.
- Ensure agreed Service Levels, Inventory and Budget targets are met, reporting any issues in a timely manner to the Supply Chain Manager.
- Full inventory Management, stock accuracy control, daily stock takes and yearly audits.
- Maintain standards of health and safety and security.
- Preparation of annual budget, produce reports and statistics regularly.
- Liaison with clients, suppliers and transport companies.
- Support with Recruiting, selecting, orientation, coaching and motivating employees.
- Monitor the quality of services provided.
- You will preferably degree educated in a related discipline or equivalent experience and a proven track record in the area of Warehouse and Distribution management.
- Demonstrable experience in a warehouse and distribution environment, preferably gained within a manufacturing organisation.
- In depth knowledge of all aspects of a Materials Management and Stock Control operations.
- Exposure to continuous improvement programs (Process Excellence, 6-Sigma, Kaïzen, TQM, 6S).
- Proven experience of system and processes implementation (ideally SAP).
- Working knowledge in line side Kanban, MRP and Inbound best practices.
- Experience of Planning and Materials Control.
- Management & leadership courses/qualifications and/or equivalent experience.
- IT literate and knowledge of Microsoft Excel formulas and management report writing.
- Demonstrate effective and inspirational leadership, and ability to recognise and reward the team’s performance.
- Ability to demonstrate commitment, drive and have the ability to motivate colleagues in order to contribute to the development and continuous improvement of the department into a dynamic and agile Supply Chain operation.
- Excellent basic salary.
- Working for a market leading manufacturer.
- Excellent pension.
- Lucrative bonus scheme.