Tyne and Wear
Our client is a market leader in their specialist sector. To support growth into new markets they are now looking to recruit Production Engineer. Along with the attractive salary the company also offers the opportunity to work for one of the region’s most reputable manufacturing companies.
- Subject Matter Expert, advising, leading or directing automation aspects of projects.
- Develop and implement automation to support business growth.
- Implement and support continuous improvement via automation.
- Liaise with onsite Engineers and Manufacturing teams to identify optimal automation solutions, support implementation and ensure appropriate metrics and control mechanisms are in place to achieve sustainable gains.
- Collaborating with key stakeholders, this position will deliver industry best practice automation through effective project management and implementation.
- Work with Vendors to establish best practical automation solutions and ensure conformity of vendor supply.
- Develops manufacturing processes by studying product requirements, researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods.
- Improves manufacturing efficiency by analysing and planning workflow, space requirements, and equipment layout
- Assures product and process quality by designing test methods; testing finished product and process capabilities, establishing standards, confirming manufacturing methods.
- Recommend, innovate and implement revised methods and processes to ensure labour costs are in line with Company objectives.
- Develop best practices, routines and innovative solutions to improve production and quality of output.
- Set targets in line with the department objectives for the creation and management of all product and process SOP’s, ensuring control and adherence within the manufacturing environment.
- Promote a culture which ensures discipline of standards and expectations are followed and met at all times.
- Provide process documentation.
- Roll out training programmes for all new methods introduced.
- Develop and implement a KPI dashboard to be submitted weekly to the Production Manager, ensuring the results are communicated as required.
- Prepares product and method reports by collecting, analysing, and summarising information and trends.
- Identify and manage resources to execute method improvement medical projects.
- Prioritise and develop projects based on critical needs.
- Recommend new ideas and techniques to ensure project success.
- Develop projects within allocated timelines and budget.
- Ensure compliance with Company and industry standards.
- Always be 100% safety conscious in all aspects of working within the medical section to eliminate any accidents or near misses
- Assist in completion of risk assessments when required.
- Identify, eliminate, isolate and minimize workplace hazards.
- Provide production engineering information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks, participating in professional societies.
- Maintains product and company reputation by complying with government regulations.
- Proven experience of lean manufacturing, continuous improvement and business development tools and techniques.
- Using automation to optimise efficiencies.
- 3 years’ experience in an industrial manufacturing role.
- Degree educated in a relevant field or relevant experience with equivalent qualifications (HND / HNC).
- Experience of working to stringent audited ISO quality standards.
- Working knowledge of FMEA, 8D, Ishikawa diagrams, 5-why and SPC.
- Hands on Six Sigma experience.
- Ability to work on own initiative with a pro-active strategic approach to challenges.
- Attention to detail.
- Confident commercial awareness and clear business acumen.
- Ability to influence individuals and teams to achieve desired goals and objectives.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Effective team player
- Ability to take a systematic approach to daily operations
- Highly motivated and able to build close relationships internally and externally to achieve an end goal.
- Customer and market orientated.
- Systems focused.