Tyne and Wear
CNC and Machining
Our Tyne and Wear based client are looking for a CNC Machine Operator, you will strive to produce world class quality, and precision machined components from raw material stage to completed product. You will take a customer service approach, both internal and external, with a view that the technical services you provide are there to support the efficient management of your workspace and component production. You will be responsible for your own productivity output, utilising various manufacturing processes and disciplines, including turning, some driven tool applications, and 5 axis mill/turn processes. As a CNC Machinist you will be keen to take on challenges, develop your technical skills potential as well as expand your knowledge and experience through a variety of exciting initiatives.
- Operate designated machines safely and competently, ensuring that all HSE and housekeeping standards are maintained.
- Carry out designated tasks as instructed.
- Interpret Engineering drawings manufacturing components within set tolerances.
- Interpret Engineering drawings from sketches, existing drawings, and electronic images identifying the most efficient, cost effective tooling/programming solution without compromising quality or safety
- Follow a workload schedule highlighting any key areas which may prevent meeting weekly targets
- Demonstrate awareness of and promote company objectives, policies and procedures.
- Demonstrate desire and willingness to promote and ensure that 5S principles are adhered to.
- Ensure all company policies surrounding, health & safety, quality requirements and housekeeping re met.
- Adheres to inspection criteria, policies and procedures without exception.
- Ensure produced parts adhere to Engineering drawings and assist others to do the same.
- Take part and contribute in toolbox talks.
- Report discrepancies in job route times as soon as they are identified. Communicate them to the Section Leader and implement changes when requested.
- Attend daily briefings, actively engaging in positive discussions regarding potential problematic areas.
- Record accurate time entry (WIP)
- Identify and report quality related issues to Section Leader.
- Accurately describe events during quality related investigations, aiding the Section Leader to understand the root cause where required.
- Willingly assist Section Leader to eradicate identified or potential areas of non-conformance.
- Respond to identified process improvements and implement them willingly.
- Carry out other duties as and when business requirements dictate as may be reasonably expected by line manager.
- Identify technical issues and seek support to rectify them whilst offering solutions where possible.
- Strive to assist with maintaining all relevant KPIs in Safety, Quality, Cost, Delivery and Engagement whilst identifying areas for improvement.
- Assist with streamlining and improving overall manufacturing efficiencies and process performances to reduce overall direct labour costs.
- Action all tasks assigned to maintain high levels of target achievement as designated by Section Leader.
- Cover holidays and absence by working overtime in line with business needs.
- Travel as and when required.
- Ensure that all procedures/paperwork is completed, kept up to date and signed off by the relevant person.
- Essential criteria: -
- Time served apprenticeship in CNC Machining.
- Good working knowledge of the Oil and Gas components.
- Working knowledge of Fanuc CNC milling machines and CNC borers.
- Comfortable machining components of varying sizes and complexity.
- Working within a shift pattern.
- Carrying out more than one operation concurrently.
- Computer literacy (including good command of Microsoft Office Excel, Word, and Outlook).
- Understanding and interpretation of Engineering drawings.
- Maintaining 5S.
- Desirable: -
- Higher education, HNC/HND, in CNC Machining including range of operating programs.
- 5 axis Fanuc machining (Milling machines).
- Experience of CAM utilisation.
- Machined valve/flowline equipment.
- Working within API Q1 specifications.
- Deep understanding of machine datums and their relationship.
- Knowledge of geometric tolerance.
- Understand common place industry materials and their application.
- Able to calculate correct cutting data from tooling OEM data sheets.
- Lean manufacturing techniques.
- Driven by the continuous improvement methodology.
- Opportunity to work for a global company who are experiencing rapid growth
- Excellent benefits package including dental care, excellent company pension scheme
- Free medical healthcare, 4 x death in service, dental care plan etc