£55,000 - £60,000 + Car Allowance
We are proudly representing our prestigious construction client based in Gateshead for their search for a Quantity Surveyor/Estimator. They now have an immediate requirement to recruit a permanent member to the team.
- Preparing and agreeing valuations with clients and ensuring payments are received in accordance with subcontract agreements
- Preparing accurate take of material quantities from drawings
- Follow procedures to ensure proper allocation of job cost
- Pricing of contract variations
- Preparing subcontractor payment certificates, calculation and allocation of subcontractor payments and updating spreadsheets accordingly
- Assist in the control of supply chain ensuring full visibility of liabilities
- Issue of subcontract enquiries, comparison of quotes, undertake negotiations and placing of comprehensive orders
- Contribute to the formulation of monthly financial reports
- Negotiation and agreement of final accounts with main contractor QS
- Liaising with estimating, design, purchasing and contracts teams to ensure any changes and potential cost overspends are identified as soon as practicable, ensuring costs are recovered and future overspends avoided wherever possible
- Previous QS/Estimating experience is essential.
- Confident personality with the ability to communicate across all disciplines and at all levels within the organisation
- Experience of new build and refurbishment sector.
- Previous experience of working for a specialist sub-contractor essential
- Pro-active, flexible approach with an ability to work to deadlines.
- £55,000 - £60,000 + Bonus
- Car allowance