Tyne and Wear
A leading County Durham based client are looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer to join their team on a permanent role. Our client is committed to providing pioneering engineering services to their customers; this is an exciting opportunity and a well-rewarded role for the ideal candidate.
- Use initiative to develop new products or design innovative solutions to improve the design of existing products from briefs provided
- Ensure the timely preparation of all technical drawings using 3D CAD modelling and 2D drawing software provided
- Modify drawings and components in line with Quality Assurance (QA) systems and procedures when required
- Generate and maintain parts lists/bills of materials and to control approved copies in line with QA procedures
- Liaise with and supply requested approval drawings to certification bodies in a timely manner
- Have a working knowledge of relevant European and international standards and directives
- Conduct prototype and/or modified component testing and to produce, as well as store test reports in a manner described in the QA procedures
- Provide technical assistance to the sales department or directly to customers in terms of product information, problem solving and application training when required
- Candidates should have a suitable qualification in engineering or product design and be highly skilled with 3D CAD modelling and producing technical drawings.
- Experience in research and development working with tight tolerances gained within a mechanical engineering environment are also essential.
- To ensure timely delivery of products to the market, good organisation, problem solving and time management skills are a must, as well as the ability to create innovative products, whilst still maintaining attention to detail.
- It would also be advantageous to have a working knowledge of relevant European and international standards and directives.
- Global leading organisation
- Competitive salary