£31,500 (Including Shift allowance OT additional)
Our client is a market leader within the Process Sector. New investment has led to their current requirement for a Shift Chemist.
- To have read and understood the company safety policy and ensure the safe operation of the plant and designated areas to comply with the objectives of the policy.
- To ensure that quality safety standards as defined by the company standard are adhered to as necessary.
- To be accountable for the full and comprehensive recording of process information and adherence to process work instructions.
- To maintain and set good housekeeping standards within the designated areas whilst on shift.
- To monitor processing for non-conformances and to report such to the Production Manager.
- Be accountable for variances against standard yields and times.
- Where required, to be involved in the documentation, development and scale up of new processes from the R&D and Process Support departments.
- To provide support and guidance to the supervisor when required.
- To be responsible for the security of Kilo Lab out of normal working hours and provide assistance to the Shift Supervisor in the overall security of the site.
- To be responsible for training and development of operational staff with reference to standard operating procedures, equipment instructions and process work instructions.
- To ensure the safe and complete handover of the designated areas to the oncoming shift.
- Whilst accepting the role of a working chemist, to ensure that additional duties that may be reasonably assigned to the chemist are fully carried out and adequately handed over to the oncoming shift.
- To ensure that quality standards as defined by the company standard are adhered to and championed as necessary.
- Must be Graduate Degree Chemist.
- PHD Chemist is desirable.
- Manufacturing/operational experience in organic chemistry processing is preferred.
- Must be happy to work shifts.
- Chance to work for a market leader.
- Paid OT.
- Career progression.
- Private Health insurance.
- If interested please email a CV to email@example.com or call him on 0191 242 5618.