Technical Officer – Fixed Term
£16,500 - £19,000
Temporary – Full Time
MTrec Technical is proudly representing our food manufacturing client in their search to appoint a Technical Officer for a 12 months fixed term contract. You will be assisting their Technical Manager to maintain, verify and monitor the Quality Management System and Food Safety System, issuing line specifications, co-ordination of raw material specifications and any other issue relating to the maintenance, validation, verification and monitoring of the quality and food safety and management systems. The company are willing to consider a recent graduate for the role or an experienced QA/Technical Officer. They are also looking to appoint someone as soon as possible, please apply for an immediate response.
Some of the main duties include
- Raw material approval, risk assessments and ongoing management
- Supplier approval
- Complaint coordination
- Routine sampling management
- Customer specifications
- Factory specifications
- Completion of raw material intake checks
- Completion and co-ordination of raw material complaints and rejection
- Raw material specification co-ordination ensuring that accurate up to date specifications are available for all raw materials
- Maintenance of the raw material matrix
- Maintenance of raw material vulnerability risk assessments
- Co-ordination of raw material suppler certification/SAQ etc.
- Arranging micro, chemical and physical testing for raw materials in accordance with scheduled risk assessment
- Arranging micro and nutritional analysis of finished products
- Arranging chemical and physical product analysis
- Maintenance of reference library for raw materials
- Hand swabbing management
- Allergens manual maintenance
- Finished product hold co-ordination ensuring traceability and accountability
- Complaint logging & trending
- Complaint replies & investigations
- Issuing weekly complaints KPI reports to site team and Leadership Team
- Ideally degree qualified in a Food Science/technology or equivalent
- Ideally you will have experience of working in the food industry.
- You may also be a recent graduate looking for their first position and to gain some fantastic career experience.
- Computer Literate Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Willingness to learn and develop skills
- An opportunity to gain valuable experience for a 1-year period.
- You will be working for a multi-national food manufacturing organisation.
- Working in a supportive team orientated environment.
- The job role will be appointed very quickly.
- You will be working in a varied and interesting position.