Contract Maintenance Electrician
Tyne and Wear
Our client is a leading 1st tier automotive supplier, supplying a global OEM customer base with a range of high value components and systems. Due to workload demands they are looking for 2 Contract Maintenance Electricians.
You will be working as part of a large and well-formed maintenance team with the opportunity to maintain and develop projects on a wide range of production machine and new technologies. If you are an experienced Technician looking for an excellent contract opportunity then we highly recommend you apply for this position. Please call or email your CV for an initial confidential consultation.
- Performing T.P.M schedules on plant and equipment.
- Breakdown coverage across a three shift system.
- Installation of plant and equipment.
- Control panel building and project work.
- P.L.C programming and fault finding.
- Knowledge of AC/DC drive systems.
- Working on control panels.
- Liaise with colleagues on daily basis to ensure correct shift handover.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for the maintenance of all production equipment and services.
- Carry out machine installation.
- To diagnose and repair mechanical faults.
- To minimise any down time to production.
- Lead and create improvement plans for the elimination of waste throughout the process.
- Continually monitor process performance to ensure optimisation.
- Continually monitor process performance through uptime/downtime and capacity to develop action plans for improvement.
- Always strive to continually improve the process.
- Knowledge of Pneumatics and Hydraulics.
- Experience of machine installation work.
- Experience within a high volume manufacturing environment.
- PLC experience.
- Control panel experience.
- Shift work and some overtime working are required.
- Experienced Maintenance Technician/Engineer with a high volume production background.
- Completed a recognised apprenticeship.
- Experience of breakdown, repair and installation of equipment.
- HNC qualified in electrical/mechanical engineering or equivalent.
- Experience of working on a range of industrial machinery and systems.
- Excellent industry.
- Market leading rate of pay.