Senior Health and Safety Advisor
Health and Safety
This highly innovative and well-regarded manufacturing company has experienced incredible levels of investment and growth over a number of years. They have a reputation for supplying high quality products to a global customer base, from their state-of-the-art North East manufacturing facility. They are now looking to strengthen their health and safety team and recruit an experienced Advisor who is looking to deliver an excellent service to all areas and departments of the organisation.
- Managing policy to ensure that the organisation complies with all relevant UK H&S legislation
- Play an active role in maintaining the corporate Health & Safety audit system
- Training and auditing are integral duties required to make the whole workforce aware of and able to fulfil H&S responsibilities
- Carry out Emergency evacuation exercises and take the lead when required.
- Conducting project work, covering a range of areas including Health and Safety initiatives.
- Provide cover for the H&S Manager whenever required (meetings, escalation cover Etc)
- Conducting daily safety observations in order to identify any unsafe acts/conditions
- Encouraging and engaging employee involvement in H&S
- Challenging any employee safety non-compliances
- Encouraging a positive H&S culture
- Carrying out and reviewing risk assessments including COSHH
- Maintaining the sites incident database and ensuring that root cause analysis is carried out for all safety incidents including corrective actions
- Health and Safety Advisor experience within a manufacturing/engineering environment.
- Ability to engage with employees at all levels of the organisation.
- Experience in conducting Safety audits and general workplace inspections.
- Experience in dealing with external sources (Contractors, HSE, Fire Authority & Insurance).
- Ability to influence at all levels with a positive H& S attitude in the Organisation and ability to manage and prioritise your own workload.
- Qualified to a minimum NEBOSH certificate Level 3 and have a good working knowledge/understanding of current H&S legislation. Must be prepared to undertake further education to achieve NEBOSH Diploma
- Working for a multinational group with impressive investment and growth plans.
- State of the art manufacturing facility.
- Diverse and solid customer base.
- Strong team structure with excellent support and leadership within the business.
- Fast moving environment.
- Highly competitive salary and benefits.