An excellent opportunity has arisen for a CAD Operator/Draughtsman to work in a rewarding role based in the Teesside area. You will be working with a major blue chip employer, If you are motivated and enjoy helping achieve business goals then this role will be suited to you.
- Preparation of all necessary fabrication paperwork for issue to production team.
- Produce profile data for the C.N.C. profile burner.
- M.T.O. lists for client/invoicing purposes.
- Update mainframe systemPrepare material requisitions for in-house and sub-let.
- To provide support for the management of inter-divisional work.
- Read and understand all aspects of job files supplied by estimating as preparation for and the production of working drawings and fabrication data files.
- Understand client requirements and familiarisation with client’s technical specifications.
- Also to liaise with the Projects Manager on large contracts to respond to clients requirements as relayed through the Projects Manager.
- Determine any additional information required and contact the client to obtain this information as necessary.
- Be continuously aware of any revisions and alterations supplied by the client to obtain this information, as necessary.
- Be familiar with all Quality Assurance procedures referring to drawings, work instructions and technical specifications.
- Must show commercial awareness in highlighting revisions to orders which result in chargeable extras being invoiced to clients through Commercial Department.
- May be required to go to site/clients place of work to site measure and obtain working details.
- Must be prepared to work flexibly to meet the needs of the Company and, if required, to transfer to clients Drawing Office to prepare drawings which relate to a contract or project predominantly being dealt with at client office (subject to personal circumstances).
- Issue drawings complete with cutting sheets, rolling sheets, work orders and picking dockets, etc., to Works and Galvanising Plant.
- Issue drawings to client.
- When drawings have been prepared and approved, the Draughtsperson must liaise with client/Works/Sales if the original delivery schedule cannot be met. A new delivery date must be agreed with the client.
- Prepare a drawing schedule for large jobs which are classed as projects, or any job which has a large number of issues requiring overall control.
- Quality of own work and any associated Environmental impactsOwn time keeping.
- Health, Safety and wellbeing of self and colleagues.
- To stop work on the grounds of risk to Quality and highlight an issue.
- To immediately stop work on the grounds of a Health and Safety riskTo stop work on the grounds of Environmental incidents or risks.
- Proficiency in 2D AutoCAD software or equivalent
- 3 years’ experience in working in a drawing office using 2D AutoCAD or equivalent.
- Excellent working hours.
- Competitive salary
- Excellent job security.