MTrec Recruitment is representing a specialised food manufacturing SME in their search to appoint their next Production Supervisor.
- To be responsible for leadership of the team to achieve the production targets in a cost effective and timely manner.
- Control manning and resources effectively on a daily basis by working alongside the teams to ensure the correct pool of workers is allocated to the area.
- To contribute to improvement activities within the specific area of responsibility and ensure continuous improvement is maintained and audited.
- To develop the team by ensuring all personnel have the relevant skills required to carry out the necessary tasks and maintain this information on the appropriate documentation
- To take responsibility and ensure compliance to all quality, health and safety regulations as necessary to prevent incidents / accidents and report any incidents and/or accidents via the company procedures.
- To recognise and eliminate waste within the area as part of the improvement activities.
- Ensure KPI’s are updated and are displayed within the sections.
- Responsible for the quality standards within the area.
- Ensure compliance to all company agreements in relation to external and internal policy.
- Implement actions to address issues relating to 'down time’ and take action to recover volume shortages
- Communicate effectively with teams to ensure understanding of required targets and outputs, carry out effective start/end of shift handovers
- Adjust and re-allocate manning to achieve optimal output in line with production plans/required output
- Perform regular site walks and conduct audits relating to safety, quality, waste, 5S, productivity and compliance with SOP’sIdentify and address individual performance issues, agree and monitor corrective actions.
- Carry out first level disciplinary reviews.
- Contribute to the compilation and production of work instructions and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s).
- Conduct performance development reviews in line with business requirements.
- Identify and plan training and monitor progress towards completion of training.
- Assist with the recruitment, development and training of colleagues in line with work instructions, SOP’s and skills matrices.
- Provide reasonable cover for breaks, holidays and sickness absence in line with Company requirements and to support the achievement of the production schedule.
- To contribute to and participate in continuous improvement and cost reduction activities.
- To carry out additional and/or other duties as necessary to meet the needs of the business.
- Previous Supervisory experience preferred.
- You must have experience working in an FMCG manufacturing environment.
- Looking for growth and development.
- Results and improvement orientated, able to take complete ownership of projects and problems.
- You must have worked in a highly structured modern manufacturing environment, and be able to report on KPI’s, lead shift briefings, develop people and manage them in a structured process
- Possess the ability to inspire, motivate and develop people.
- Happy to work day shift.
- Permanent job role on day shift.
- Chance to work for a market leader.
- Real career progression opportunities.
- If interested please email a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call him on 0191 242 5618.