Area Sales Engineer (Europe- France/Spain)
Tyne and Wear
This opportunity has arisen for our client based in the North East. Due to an increase in work load they have a requirement for an Area Sales Engineer. The chosen candidate must be willing to travel Europe (possibly 10-12 weeks travel per annum).
- Interfacing with the marketplace, customer base and parent company on sales and marketing issues, by means of regular sales visits to defined international territories.
- Visiting customers as and when required.
- Managing customer activity within the territory.
- Establishing direct lines of communication with customers in the territory.
- Promotion of company products and services within the territory.
- Securing tendering opportunities from customers within the territory.
- Converting tenders from customers in the territory to orders.
- Capturing customer technical and commercial requirements to develop a specification for the product.
- Assembling the component prices for standard product and calculating the estimated works cost based upon price list, previous cost performance and comparative estimation in order to produce a quotation.
- Liaising with the Estimating Team to develop price estimates for non-standard applications and using the information generated to produce a quotation.
- Initial review of Terms & Conditions of Contract where these are dictated by the customer.
- Contract negotiation.
- Defining and satisfying the requirements for export licence control compliance as required.
- Participating in detailed technical and commercial specification reviews in order to develop packs of information used to communicate the contract requirements internally in the business.
- Assisting with the project management of contracts from customers in the territory.
- Compliance with departmental &. Company procedures whilst tendering & processing orders.
- Other duties which the incumbent is competent to perform at the request of the Sales Manager.
- Must have a recognised mechanical engineering qualification (HNC or above).
- Must have a sound appreciation of rotating machinery applications within industrial and marine markets.
- Must have experience of domestic and international travel and an appreciation of international cultures.
- Must have experience of negotiation and knowledge of commercial terms and conditions of business.
- Must be willing to work additional hours, including national and international travelling as required and be a current driving licence holder.
- A high level of computer literacy is required.
- Knowledge of export licence control would be advantageous.
- Job security, company going through huge growth and predicting great increase in turnover
- Excellent team culture
- Worldwide travel
- Competitive salary