Warehouse Team Leader (Stores)
Tyne and Wear
£10.53 Per Hour (days Monday-Friday)
MTrec are proudly representing a North East based manufacturing company who are looking for a Warehouse Team Leader to join their friendly team.
The role will provide an opportunity for the successful candidate to further develop their career, whilst delivering an outstanding service to our clients and customers.
The primary objective of the role is to lead a team of staff and organize their workload to ensure they meet safety, quality and productivity performance indicators. The role requires the successful candidate to demonstrate strong leadership ability with a requirement to lead by example, particularly, in regards to Health and Safety matters. In addition, the ability to investigate problems, implement corrective actions and review their effectiveness will be necessary for the position. A hands on approach to loading and unloading delivery vehicles, moving stock around using lifting equipment or a forklift truck, picking and packing orders is also desirable skills.
- To lead a team of staff and organize their workload to ensure they meet performance indicators
- Maintain and improve EHS and Quality Compliance and Systems within area
- Perform and delegate daily warehouse tasks
- Lead Team: Deliver Training, Support workload management, Mentor Direct Reports
- Lead investigation into issues and complaints
- Ensure regulatory adherence by reviewing processes against changing regulations.
- Carry out the same work as team members
- Experience of a supervisory position within a manufacturing/warehouse environment is essential.
- The ability to motivate people, must have good 'people skills' for building relationships with colleagues at all level
- Good spoken and written communication skills
- The ability to plan and prioritize your own work and other people's
- The ability to remain calm under pressure
- The ability to keep accurate records
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the IPS and local standards, including meeting quality, productivity and safety standards.
- An understanding of environment, health and safety issues
- If not already possessed, forklift truck counterbalance and reach licenses and nationally recognized transport qualifications, e.g. ADR, CD Regs and IATA Dangerous Goods Regs, must be achieved within twelve months of commencement.
- Nationally recognized supervisory qualification e.g. Level 2 Award/Certificate in Team Leading/Team leading Principles, is desirable.
- Excellent company to work for, nice working environment with a friendly team.
- Opportunities for career development.
- Day shift Monday to Friday. 8.00am -4.30pm (Monday – Thursday), 8.00am – 3.15pm (Friday).