£25,000 - £28,000
Our company is a well-established highly successful food industry manufacturing company and supplier to a diverse range of own label customers and leading retailers. Due to expansion they are looking for a Production Supervisor to join their team.
- Reporting directly to Operations Director, this role will be a ‘hands on’, positive approach to problem solving, adapting to a changing environment and reacting quickly to meet challenges.
- To be responsible for the growth and success of the teams and business.
- Ensuring that the operational management of the business is adequately resourced.
- Undertaking production planning, with the appropriate equipment, machinery and product being available to deliver to the required levels.
- Management of staff performance to achieve optimum service and upskilling.
- Devise a training schedule and plan for all operational employees the following 12 months.
- Ensure all employees are trained on the manufacturing process, with the support of the Technical department.
- Review and optimise efficiencies and effectiveness of the manufacturing operations, making improvements within the process.
- Responsibility for the quality of service delivery, striving for best in quality of product and business practices.
- Prioritise health and safety within the manufacturing operation.
- Managing the implementation of systems and processes
- Drive continuous improvement and quality management across all manufacturing areas of the business.
- Analysis of working practices with a view to implementing improvement and recommendations for future processing practices.
- Ensuring key performance indicators are in place and production targets are met.
- Work directly with technical and site engineering services to develop positive solutions.
- Liaise with all company departments to ensure effective operations to meet the customer demands.
- Prioritise to meet tight deadlines with a degree of autonomy.
- Any other duties which could reasonably be requested within the remit of the role.
- The post holder will be responsible for the operational management of the manufacturing process for a multi-site FMCG manufacturing business.
- Prior warehouse and managerial experience
- Highly organised.
- Production and planning skills.
- Understanding of stock management systems.
- Ability to manage time and workload effectively.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Leadership skills.
- Experience in negotiating and working with suppliers.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Strong attention to details.
- Ability to engage and motivate others.
- Drive to achieve results.