Tyne and Wear
£13.51 per hour plus night shift allowance 30%
A leading Tyne and Wear based company are looking for an experienced CMM Inspector to join their team in a permanent role. Our client is committed to providing pioneering engineering services to their customers; this is an exciting opportunity and a well-rewarded role for the ideal candidate.
- Reporting to the CMM Engineer, this role will be responsible for carrying out mechanical inspection activities to ensure the required quality standards are achieved, maintained and improved.
- Liaise with the CMM engineer with regard to allocation of work.
- Operate a range of CMM machines in line with production requirements.
- Read, interpret and understand engineering drawings from a range of customers and industries.
- Assist in determining the programming requirements based on the drawing and engineering requirements, with specific focus on understanding geometrics, dimensions and tolerances (G,D &T).
- Perform 100% inspection of components.
- Assist in producing inspection reports and filling out the required paperwork
- Ensure documentation is accurate and maintained to a high standard.
- Ensure component traceability and identification is present and correct.
- Assist in identifying the most effective and efficient method of checking components.
- Raise DMR (defective material review) in line with the identified processes.
- Ensure quality system procedures are being adhered to and are operating effectively.
- Have a flexible approach to work activities including working various machines within capability as required to meet production needs.
- Ensure that you work in a safe manner and comply with the company’s Health, Safety and Environmental Policy.
- Carry out any other duties not listed above as may reasonably be expected.
- Applicants should have similar previous experience within a CMM Inspection role, ideally in an engineering and/or manufacturing organisation
- They should also have the ability to organise priorities and meet deadlines, and will be flexible and willing to work various shift patterns.
- Please note that the shift patterns that run in the CMM department include day shift and night shift.
- The ability to operate and program using PC-DMIS is preferred but not essential.
- Employment is subject to a Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) check.