CNC Programmer (Turner)
Tyne and Wear
£13.00 - £17.30 per hour
CNC and Machining
We are proudly representing our engineering client with their search for a new CNC Turner. They are looking for the right candidate on a temporary to permanent basis.
- Programme, set and operate CNC Lathes using Siemen's Shopturn control
- Programme machines to produce single, small batch or a series of components and finished products.
- Work with a range of materials including stainless steel, brass, zintec, aluminium, and mild steel for a varied range of industries
- Use a range of measuring equipment together with working knowledge of inspection procedures to undertake self-inspection.
- Work as part of the machine shop team and interface with the production support department including production control, engineering, maintenance, and design.
- Operate computer systems for recording of work activities.
- Time served CNC Turner
- Must be able to programme, set and operate CNC lathes ideally Siemen's Shopturn controls
- Ability to work with a range of materials including stainless steel, brass, zintec, aluminium, and mild steel
- Able to work from customer drawings and specifications
- Experience of performing quality checks to ensure work meets required standards